Sign in to follow this  
EAS

2010 August velvet buck back from the taxi

I tell you what folks... Dale at Wild Heritage Taxidermy did a great job on my Velvet buck. just finished last week, you can see photos of him finished. I chose to use his summer coat, ragged as it may be, it’s the buck I harvested and I love it. one thing I can say to everyone hunting in the heat is be prepared. like Dale said in many of his posts, keep the hide cool and keep the velvet antlers cool. Dale uses and sells a preservative that should be applied right after you take the animal, and it helps maintain the hide and prevent slippage – Dale maybe you can expand on the product I’m referring to as I forget the name of it.

Anyway folks, take a look at my buck taken last August in the 90 degree heat. Dale preserved the original velvet antlers and hide. It was important to me that they not be flocked and the hide be from the buck I harvested. I couldn’t be happier with how my trophy turned out. BIG thanks to Dale and Heather at Wild Heritage!!

post-4709-0-31760200-1307117953_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-72609100-1307117968_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-06486100-1307117979_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-14327500-1307117993_thumb.jpg

Nice Buck

Congradulaitons! Great looking buck. Looks like Dale and Heather turned out some more great work. I can't wait to get my August velvet buck back as well. OHH baby!