Sign in to follow this  
Newbster98

Night Hunting proposal

I don't think that there would be MORE poaching just because you could hunt at night... Poachers already DO that! I personally liked night hunting when I was in TX, and wouldn't be against it here if it passed. I just don't see why it would cause serious problems... I have not been here long, so maybe I'm just ignorant.

• Like 1

NIGHT HUNTING WILL RUIN THE DAY HUNTING. coyotes can't be controlled by hunting. only curbed. i am against it. i called in my first coyote at age 11. roninflag

So start hunting at night. Hunting isnt done just for our pleasure, its also a tool for animal control and management, which I assumed most people who hunt knew already. This is just like the gun control argument and hysteria that people believe the criminals will obey this law but none of the others that they break. You set restrictions and common sense policies on when and where one can shoot.

I've got no problem with night hunting. Shotguns shooting shot, no big deal. Proposal would make it more comfortable to hunt the desert in the hot months. Snakes are another issue.

Yeah, shotguns shooting shot would work. And night hunting doesn't ruin day hunting... In TX they still have plenty of 'yotes 24 hours a day... I imagine out here we have the same deal.

• Like 1

So did this pass? I heard it did and starts Friday from a someone???? I can't find it on AZGFD website

Ok I just found out that they are voting on it tomorrow, so not passed yet!

Has any one heard anything about the night hunting proposal?

I posted the regulations amendments last week... :huh: Go to the AZGFD home page click on hunting on the right side of the page will be a PDF file labeled 2011 - 2012 hunting regulations amended. Go to the Mt Lion section and printed in red is the new "daylong hunts" - This is also printed in red in the coyote section...! :huh:

• Like 2

So did this pass? I heard it did and starts Friday from a someone???? I can't find it on AZGFD website

Ok I just found out that they are voting on it tomorrow, so not passed yet!

"Day Long" (24hrs) Hunting for lions is open now - The coyote night hunting opens in the spring! Go read the regs on line rather than wondering!

• Like 2