Sign in to follow this  
azpackhorse

Dec. 110" Coues

Here is a photo of my friend's Coues that he took on the 28th, I glassed him up and he did the rest. Wellers measured this buck right at 110", we punked him out in the dark and this is one of the biggest bodied Coues bucks I have ever seen. The photo is not the best but the eyeguards are 5" and the G2's are 8", the mainbeams are 18" and 5" at the bases, he was a big stud of a buck!

I am the one in the background :P

heck of a buck, congratulations.Sure like to here the rest of the story and more pics. :P

REAL NICE EYE-GUARDS!

Lots of smiles all the way around!

GOOD JOB! :P

Great buck! Please tell the story, unit, etc.....

:P

Well, this buck was taken in Arizona :P We had spotted another buck that morning that was probably close to being the same size as this buck but lost him in a large canyon so we decided to hunt another area that evening.

I picked this buck up on a steep hillside about 1500 yards away with his nose in a doe, I could tell with my 10x that he was a big bodied buck but when I set my 15x's on him I knew he was a shooter. I told my buddy to get his stuff packed up right away and to hurry. We made our way a little closer to 636 yards and checked on him, they were paying no attention to us at all so we made our way down the adjacent slope and got to 440 yards. We got set up and Jeff settled down and focussed, with a deep breath and a sqeeze of the trigger the big buck stood straight up on his hind legs and rolled about 10 yards down the steep slope where he came to rest on an old tree. We made our way across the canyon and up the other side to where the buck lie. This fine animal is truly a buck of a lifetime and I am happy that I could help my buddy harvest him.

Here is the first photo I took using my phone.

Great looking buck. Congrats azpackhorse and to your friend. Thanks for the pics and story :P

AZPACKHORSE

Not trying to be nosey but I'm curious about the vegitation that is in the burned out area you got that buck. Do you know when that fire went through that area?

And awesome buck. Congrads to you and your friend!!!

Buckhorn

The area had indeed been burned a few years ago, don't remember exactly what year the burn occurred.

Thanks, I was just wondering because that looks like a area that is a prime example as to why we need to start letting fire in the US burn themselve out. The nasty looking moon scape may look bad for a little will. But boy when it grows back it sure does do wonders for the Wildlife. And agian GREAT BUCK GUYS!!!!!

Buckhorn

Guest Ernesto C

Jesus Christ I want one like that!! Congratulations and God bless you more.

Ernesto C