COOSEFAN

Hasn't there been hunts going on?

I jump on the computer whenever I walk by it to see if anybody posts any new pic's. I keep wonderin why there hasn't been many new bucks from the early Mexico hunts? Is it because most go down later in Jan.? I need to see some of those big Mexico coues you guys get, just to get a little more fired up for my hunt!

THanks JIM. B)

Coosefan,

I'm leaving at 3:30 A.M. tomorrow. Thats the good news, Bad news I don't get to hunt for myself. We have six clients to guide this week its still going to be a blast. Wish the weather would cool down. Hope to have some of those big Mexico coues to show when we get back.

desertsheep

Coosefan,

I'm leaving at 3:30 A.M. tomorrow. Thats the good news, Bad news I don't get to hunt for myself. We have six clients to guide this week its still going to be a blast. Wish the weather would cool down. Hope to have some of those big Mexico coues to show when we get back.

desertsheep

I just got back from guiding state side hunts, couldn't imagine how fun it would be to guide down there! Best of luck and can't wait to see pic's! JIM

Some friends of mine shot a 107" and a 90" down in Mexico in December. They'll be heading down there again, but with my dad on the 11th of January. I'll try and get some pics.

I know of 2 different ranches that have been hunted so far.

The first one had 9 tags. They took 7 deer off from that ranch. The smallest was 90" and the largest was 124". Some of the deer were taken back in Dec and some were taken just a couple of weeks ago.

The other ranch had 4 tags last week. They were 100% with the smallest being a busted off 89" buck and the largest going 116"

The guy I talked to said the mid sized bucks (90" class) were all busted up but the bigger boys hadn't really started fighting yet.

We will have to see what Cola Blanca posts on their website. I think they typically are running the most ranches and hunters down there.

I will call my cousin at Christense arms to see how that group did. I think they are hunting with Cola Blanca again along with the Swarovski guy. CB

"The guy I talked to said the mid sized bucks (90" class) were all busted up but the bigger boys hadn't really started fighting yet."

That gets me excited just hearing you call 90" class bucks MID SIZED!!! Those get my blood pumping here in the states!!! Thats why I saved up forever to hunt Mexico :) Can't wait! JIM

I know of a 135" buck taken in Sonora last month. Just don't know where or who the outfitter was. Got the info from a very reliable source.

Hey SunDevil,

Who is your cousin that works at Christensen arms? I know those guys. I guided a Pronghorn hunt and a Bison hunt that we filmed for their outdoor show. I live about 10 minutes from their office.

post-739-1137199842.jpgHere is one of the buck we took this past week in Mexico. The weather was horrible. The first two days the wind blew from daylight to dark. After that is was just plain hot. We would leave camp at 6:00 A.M. and the temp would already be 58 degrees and probaly get into the 70's or low 80's. I will post some more pic when I get them from our outher guide off his camera.

Desertsheep

Great buck congrats desertsheep and to your hunter. Those are some awesome G-3s on that buck ;)

Can't what to see the other pics. Any stories would be cool too.

Thats an absolutely beautiful buck!!!!! Congrats! I can't wait to see your other pic's and maybe a story!?! I leave next Wed., hopefully theres a weather change! I can deal with heat, but WIND BLOWS! :lol: ;) Thanks, JIM