Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Lion in unit 33

1st off I want to give a BIG thanks to Amanda, I finally got the Covert II up and running as well as properly getting it installed in the lockbox. I absolutely love this camera/set up. I installed about 1 1/2 months ago and was just itching to see what was on film so I made the hike out to THE SPOT and swapped out memory cards yesterday.

While changing out the cards and getting situated, I happened to look down under the tree I had the camera fixed to and noticed a black with yellow striped snake, I thought how cool a California King Snake, but then noticed the triangle viper shaped head. Well, needless to say it died a horrible death because it never rattled and let itself beknown. I have to say it was going to die anyway whether it rattled or not, I just didn't like it being this close to me or where I was going to be in the future.

Made it home and started to download pics, only one deer (small WT doe) and these pics of the cat. Kinda cool I think. The date unfortunaley is off, but that can be fixed the next time I wanna take a hike.

Nice looking kitty. Any pics of what is left of the snake???

Unfortunately no, I used a stick to get it out from under the tree and didn't want to scare all the wildlife in the area by shooting it with my pistol, so I dropped a big rock on it. It just happened to move last second and it tore a good chunk of the skin off its back, I was bummed because I wanted to skin it and show it off. It got really angry at this time so another bigger rock came crashing down. I did salvage the rattle though. Thanks for asking.

Never in that area, good luck though. Be sure and post pics and stories.

Is it me or does that cat look on the skinny side? - rib bones all stickin out -sag along the belly -hip bones stickin up

time to put a tag on him/her.

gotta love those trail cam pics