Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

White Tail Hunting shows

Everything about most of the people on those shows is so fake. It seems like they are trying so hard to be these good ol southern boys that they arent. Tred Barta seems to be one of the few exceptions even before he was wheelchair bound. Seen him hunt a mule deer doe in Colorado or Idaho I believe, with his son, using long bow on foot. That was hunting. I dont understand getting so excited over killing a deer that is "farmed" and shows up to the same location everyday and no else can shoot cause it is on private land and never ventures off that acreage.

Between the Heavy Metal and computerized effects it gets old pretty fast. Many don't realize how good we have it here, even with the draw system. States like Texas, Pennsylvania and Alabama have very little public land to hunt on. Add in the dense forests east of the Mississippi and tree stand hunting, boring as it is, is unfortunately the only alternative for some when the area available to hunt is measured in acres.

A lot of Texas is flat and full of scrub which makes our style of spot and stalk ineffective. Actually one or two shows a year about AZ Hunting is all I want to see, sssssshhhhhh. I'd rather not see an influx of out of state hunters. As for Barta, well he has a lot of moxey and I pray he makes a full recovery.

Other shows I enjoy are Jim Shockey and Larry Csonka. No craziness and high fives every time someone farts.

Last week I watched tred hunt cotton tail on public land in new mexico with a primitive bow and wooden arrows he made.

Guess what folks ALL tv and movie shows are fake NOT reality. Not even the so called reality shows. And we pay people enormus amounts of money to produce them. Go figure.

As usual I have to agree with Bill and Lark. The hosts of these shows are ridiculous. They play right into the slob hunter image that most of the world perceives us as.

Everything about most of the people on those shows is so fake. It seems like they are trying so hard to be these good ol southern boys that they arent. Tred Barta seems to be one of the few exceptions even before he was wheelchair bound. Seen him hunt a mule deer doe in Colorado or Idaho I believe, with his son, using long bow on foot. That was hunting. I dont understand getting so excited over killing a deer that is "farmed" and shows up to the same location everyday and no else can shoot cause it is on private land and never ventures off that acreage.

I've also seen him take 40+ yard running shot with his long bow at elk and caribou.

what channel are the knittin' tournaments on? i can't believe i've been missin' them things. stitch one, pearl two. that's exciting stuff.

you hit it on the head there Bill. some of the shows need subtitles the annunciation is so bad. i like to watch a hunt. most of this stuff just isn't hunting. 30 minute commercials. Lark.

Lark, the knitting tournaments are used as fillers on one of the fishing channels to help viewers calm down after all the excitement of watching guys with sponsors' decals sewn all over their clothes race their boats (also covered with decals) all over the place and catch fish with every cast. Really good stuff ...

Bill Quimby