Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

bears are out

I think your first cinnamon bear is the same sow with the cub in your last photo. She is beautiful. I hope you can find and harvest her next year when her cub is weaned off and on its own. What the heck is stump licker? I'm not familiar with that. Be careful not to shoot any bears over that stuff, though, as the Game and Fish will likely call it an attractant/bait.

Them are some great pics you got. :)

TJ

I think your first cinnamon bear is the same sow with the cub in your last photo. She is beautiful. I hope you can find and harvest her next year when her cub is weaned off and on its own. What the heck is stump licker? I'm not familiar with that. Be careful not to shoot any bears over that stuff, though, as the Game and Fish will likely call it an attractant/bait.

+1

I was amazed at how many bears I got comimg in. It was never my intention for this to happen. I layed stump licker down on a log and all over the ground to help the salt area for the deer. But....since this is happeningI'm not getting as much deer activity. I kind of figured which canyon the bear are coming from.... to bad they are attracted to my licker. i have never called for bears ..none the less hunt for them.... so i plan on doing my calling in the canyon. To answer your questions as to what stump licker is, it is molasses based with other ingredients to attract deer. This is my first time using it and probably my last. too many bears...

I was amazed at how many bears I got comimg in. It was never my intention for this to happen. I layed stump licker down on a log and all over the ground to help the salt area for the deer. But....since this is happeningI'm not getting as much deer activity. I kind of figured which canyon the bear are coming from.... to bad they are attracted to my licker. i have never called for bears ..none the less hunt for them.... so i plan on doing my calling in the canyon. To answer your questions as to what stump licker is, it is molasses based with other ingredients to attract deer. This is my first time using it and probably my last. too many bears...

Thanks for the information on the Stump Licker, as I have never hunted deer at all so was not familiar with it. Yeah, bear hunting is a crazy deal with the inability to use anything that may attract bears. We can't even shoot them over a salt lick or mineral patch if they come in to investigate. You have the right idea in figuring out where they are coming from and meet them half-way with a predator call or a good ambush on one of their trails. This is why I have stopped putting out mineral blocks and salt licks on nearly every water hole that I put a trail cam on, as its just too risky and open-ended with the Game and Fish if you plan on tagging a bear.