Redbeard

Say goodbye to Dec. coues hunts.

AUDSLEY,

Where did you grow up at in MO? I also grew up hunting all small game. Except that one year my dad and I got deer tags and sat in a field freezing our butts off all the while not quite knowing what to do! Ha, what a good time!

I grew up in Gladstone/ Kansas City North and also spent a lot of time at my Granny's place in Lee's Summit, MO.

You are right, there just weren't any deer out there. Now they take tons of big bucks every year, and the Dept. of Conservation pratically begs people to take more.

I stand corrected on the money thing, but I'll still hold to the fact that if this stupidness is coming from the top down, then it is only a backhanded way of making hunting less desireable in AZ. That leads to a smaller and further politically marginalized hunter population. Good ole Janet N. is no friend to hunters! She will use these subtle ways to damage hunting until she gets re-elected. Then the gloves will come off and the environmentalists who have her ear will do all they can to eliminate hunting all together. It will start with the predator hunts. They will be the first to go, then they'll say we have plenty of predators so mankind doesn't need to hunt anymore! The slippery slope I tell you!!! As dry as it has been, I'm thinking of sitting on some tanks to try and get a shot at a mountain lion while I still can.

Did you say 1/20th of a cent? It's too bad a 1/2 cent isn't in the works. MO did and does such wonderful things with that money. With the huge tax adverse retiree population out here I don't think 1/2 cent would go. It sure would be nice to see the kind of improvements that could be made with that kind of money.

Like you AUDSLEY, I'm very greatful I've discovered AZ hunting before it was too late. I only wish I'd have gotten that 105+ buck I stalked, but my 85" one will have to do for now.

Later,

Matt

Bottom line is this, AZGFD needs to manage the wildlife not the # of hunters. 

300wsm Well Said!

Sometimes we cannot see the forest through the trees, and AGFD needs to stop this terrible plan, step back and analyze the info, with their mission again. Otherwise AZ may have no game for them to manage.

You are only seeing a small portion of what G&F wants to do.

1) they want to shorten the December deer tags.

2) they want to shorten the September archery bull tags.

3) they want to shorten the archery December deer hunt.

4) they want to shorten the archery January deer hunt.

Their overall reasoning is to create more opportunity, but they dont see that they are taking away opportunity, to try to accomplish this.

You are only seeing a small portion of what G&F wants to do.

1) they want to shorten the December deer tags.

2) they want to shorten the September archery bull tags.

3) they want to shorten the archery December deer hunt.

4) they want to shorten the archery January deer hunt.

Their overall reasoning is to create more opportunity, but they dont see that they are taking away opportunity, to try to accomplish this.

Not only that, they want us to pay more to hunt shorter seasons. Where is the logic in that?

300WSM u are very right about everything you said. The Game and Fish have ruined our deer herds here in AZ so badly, that it makes me absolutley sick to my stomach to look back at what they used to be in parts! I have been talking with a couple very good friends of mine about this issue who hunt and are full time lawyers in the valley. We are seriously considering filing a class action law suit against the dept. if this plan does not drop. If we do this, we will be needing as many hunters from with in the state and NR hunters to back us, the money part of it will not be a big problem. We are also looking at the possibilty of including in this suit, a mandatory change in the way the deer herds are being managed in Arizona! The Kaibab which is the best mule deer hunting in the state, is at an all time low for deer! IF this continues, it wont be known as some of the best Mule Deer hunting in the world! Let me know what you guys think about this idea..And please attend as many meetings as you can, and let them know HOW WE REALLY ALL FEEL ABOUT THIS!

Hang in there guys, I have drafted a petition that I hope to get on here tomorrow some time. If you support the petition you can print this petition and get it circulated in your areas then we will present these signatures in April to the commission. I think it is one more avenue we need to pursue in order to stop this madness. We still need to make all the other meetings but the big one is in April. Be sure and talk to every hunting aquantance you know and get them to understand the importance of being heard.

RH

Are the number of hunters really going down so that the G&F think they have to manage the amount of hunters for the future? According to their data they don't have leftover tags when season comes around. So they obviously have enough hunters to meet harvest objectives. So no matter what they say they are not worried about the hunters. In the end it comes down to license sales, their pay checks and the whole money thing. If the number of hunters is really going down they are silly for thinking that this is the answer for the future of hunting. How does upsetting all the hunters they have secure the future of hunting?

The future of hunting lies in one place. The home! They had better start in that direction if they really want to make a difference in the end.

I hunted small game as a kid with my family, and bought my hunting licenses for small game and my fishing licenses while the G&F were still getting their money for their elk and deer tags from other people. The fact that the G&F were adding more and more elk tags every year had nothing to do with why I was a hunter.

I never thought twice about the G&F while growing up as a hunter. They had nothing to do with my passion for hunting. It came from my family. From the Home!

I'm sure the majority of you can relate to this. Why can't the game and fish see it.

" Why can't the game and fish see it. " Because they don't want to.

You guys DO NOT want this to happen. This is the way the New Mexico Game and Fish runs things and it has DRASTICALLY hurt the big game populations in NM. Especially mule deer.

The biologists are there for a reason, got to listen to them.

I hunted the 21 Dec. hunt this year and i would say that they gave out about 200 more tags than they should have. Instead of adding tags they really should look into the biological impact of these extra tags.

I am all for shutting a unit down for about three years to let the deer population grow--i am also all for some kind of credit for predator hunting (not a bonus point) but some kind of special hunt that if you shoot "X"amount of Coyote's you get "X" amount of raffle tickets to be drawn for a special hunt, if you kill a lion you get twice that many raffle tickets. I really think the game and fish need to be creative to help with the predator problem we are having and this is just one way to get more hunters in the field to hunt these predators.

The AZSFW is alive and kicking and they are doing things that we might not see up front--i am not a member yet but i think i will be as soon as the membership drive gets underway. I do know they are fighting hard to get the 15 million dollars back from the state that the state stole from the Heritage fund. The Heritage fund is for the game and fish and other organizations that are made to help wildlife and help with getting people involved with the outdoors--the state took the money to use in areas that is out of the realm of the heritage fund.

Leanord's last name is Ordaway and he will listen to you--email him, or give him a call.

the money issue is stupid to me,i think if the game and fish needed the money bad enough they could lower the tag fees and keep all the money. how about $20.00-$30.00 for an elk app, nonrefundable do you know how much money that would be. what about deer, antelope etc. this is all about the guys that apply for the unit 9 early rifle bull tag they never get and they complain about no hunting oppertunity so the game and fish is trying to give more tags to satisfy this complaint.if you really want to hunt. start putting in for realistic hunts that you

could actualy draw.

the mule deer herd is an absolute joke, way to many tags, heck in 23 a couple of years ago 600 tags.their is not 600 mule deer bucks in 23.but the game ang fish will spend tons of money on some stupid tadpole that is not even native to az. but not sound biology to deer management or anything else.

the thing that needs to happen is get sportsmen to run the game and fish "we pay the bills"not some person the gov decides. she dont know anything. cant the sportsmen vote on who the comissiner is going to be?

by the way can someone recommed a good english class that can teach me how to spell and make good sentences and dont cost me anythig:D

by the way can someone recommed a good english class that can teach me how to spell and make good sentences and dont cost me anythig:D

Lark should otta be able to help ya :lol:

Utlraamg:

Slpeling is not taht ipmorantt! Nnoe ohter tahn Camabrigde Uinervtisy in Egnalnd siad so:

"The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, maens it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Amzanig, insn't it?

Blil Qiubmy

;)