Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

Hunting Griz Country

whenever i hunt in griz country i just get on a peak and holler real loud "HEY ALL YOU STINKIN' GRIZZLE BEARS, I'M GONNA BE HUNTIN' HERE FOR AWHILE. YOU MIGHT OUGHTA GO SOMEPLACE ELSE TILL I'M DONE. YOU REMEMBER WHAT I DID TO YOUR BUDDY FRED LAST TIME". it's worked so far. Lark.

A hunter was just killed by a Grizzly, in a remote mountain area here in Montana. Up in the Northwest area of the state. Be vigilant if you are hunting in Montana. That makes 3 Grizzly related deaths in this area for the year.

whenever i hunt in griz country i just get on a peak and holler real loud "HEY ALL YOU STINKIN' GRIZZLE BEARS, I'M GONNA BE HUNTIN' HERE FOR AWHILE. YOU MIGHT OUGHTA GO SOMEPLACE ELSE TILL I'M DONE. YOU REMEMBER WHAT I DID TO YOUR BUDDY FRED LAST TIME". it's worked so far. Lark.

LOL. Just hope it doesn't want to get even for his buddy Fred!

Uh ... hunting alone in that type of environment ... you're braver than me bud. Get a buddy ... give that buddy a Home Defense 12 Gauge with 10 slugs to knock into that rug ... then for good measure get the Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull. It's simple and compact ... pull the trigger and it goes BOOM ... with a LOT of knockdown.

Well I've been in 3 different areas so far without much to show for it - just a little fresh sign hear and there but nothin to get real excited about.. I had a bull at 70 yards and thought he was comin in but he hung up and ghosted. Put a stalk on 3 small muley bucks but got busted at 75 yards. The spot I tried today was thick timber with small parks and old clear cuts - nada for fresh sign. I've been up to 8600 ft - they must b higher than that. Only a handful of bugles. No black or grizz bear sign yet. I did have a wolf howl where I was last night.

Well I've been in 3 different areas so far without much to show for it - just a little fresh sign hear and there but nothin to get real excited about.. I had a bull at 70 yards and thought he was comin in but he hung up and ghosted. Put a stalk on 3 small muley bucks but got busted at 75 yards. The spot I tried today was thick timber with small parks and old clear cuts - nada for fresh sign. I've been up to 8600 ft - they must b higher than that. Only a handful of bugles. No black or grizz bear sign yet. I did have a wolf howl where I was last night.

The bulls are screaming down here in the mountains above Hebgen Lake. Unfortunately, I have some health issues, and will probably not get to chase them this year? Good luck on your hunt!

Well I'm done and came home with both my tags unfilled. No rutting where I was at and I covered quite a bit of ground. Kept finding sign that was a week or two old but they had since moved out of the area. I was 30 yards from a very nice Shiras bull moose that I video'd with my phone. Found one older pile of griz poo but no bear sightings.