Sign in to follow this  
sandman

Bid Deadhead bull

My dad and I found this bull this weekend while archery elk hunting. He appears to have got his antlers wedged in between two trees while rubbing and could not get out. We called Game & Fish and an officer came out to see it. He agreed with us that the death was natural caused so we were allowed to take the rack. Sad to see such a great animal die in such a terrible way.

post-5831-0-14663300-1316383026_thumb.jpg

post-5831-0-66973100-1316383051_thumb.jpg

post-5831-0-15223300-1316383078_thumb.jpg

Must not be in Arizona. I shot one 2 years ago and the game and fish found it before I did and would not let me tag it.

It was Arizona. It has to die of natural causes to be able to take it. This was a very obvious natural death, so Arizona Game and Fish let us have it. If this bull would have had any kind of human caused injuries we would not have been able to keep it.

I guess if you spend enough time in the field you are bound to come across interesting things, I have never been this lucky though. Great find and happy to hear you got to keep it.

That is one of the craziest thing I have ever seen. I have seen pictures of 2 animals locked together, either way, I can't imagine a more awful way to die. That is a way cool find though, and I'm glad they let you have it.

That's crazy ! Wow must of been nuts seeing him with his head stuck ! What a way to go ! Huh