Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

3c bull

3c bull

I took this video through my Binoculars with my phone. I have about 10 min of this bull. Sad to say but this is one of the best bulls I've been able to see this archery hunt and the biggest I've been able to video.

For some reason I couldn't figure out how to upload to Photobucket, but it let me upload to facebook.

WHT_MNTMAN, that is a nice bull. MJE1 and I just spent 4 days in unit 3C. We did not have a tag but just wanted to get into the woods for a few days. We chose 3C because it is a unit we have not spent any time in. We were not too impressed with the rut or the amount of elk we saw. We did not hit it too hard for fear of messing up something for a hunter. We did call in one 6x6 but he came in without making a sound. If it weren't for spotting him trotting down an open ridge we would not have known he was coming.

On Monday we explored the area around Airpine. Again not too much action, but we were able to find five sheds. I will post on a picture on a different thread so as not to steal your thread.

I see you are from Pinedale. As we drove into the unit we randomly turned down FR132 and camped a couple miles south of Pinedale. Before this past trip I could not have told you where it was.

Nice bull Houston. Haha now I have your face book I will have to hit you up for a friend.

WHT_MTNMAN, what are your thoughts on the state of 3c and big bulls? I started a topic on another site with my thoughts that 3c is no longer a top shelf trophy unit and people basically dismissed it. What do you think? Has 3c declined to the point where it can no longer be considered with the likes of unit 9, 10, 1 23 and 27?

Nice Bull !

That video came out pretty good for using a cell phone and Binocs ! B)

3c is not nearly what is was say 5 years ago. I believe two things have has a negative impact on 3c.

1. As I wrote in another post, the sudden growth of mule deer and corresponding archery deer hunters and pressure. (ask anyone that hunted the Forest Circus roads)

2. The Rez tags they have alloted the last 3 years (something like that) As most everyone knows we get an abundance of big bulls from the rez and when they don't come over, we don't see them.

That all being said I still think 3a/3c is a very good unit, not great but good.(plus its my home unit)

WHT_MTNMAN, what are your thoughts on the state of 3c and big bulls? I started a topic on another site with my thoughts that 3c is no longer a top shelf trophy unit and people basically dismissed it. What do you think? Has 3c declined to the point where it can no longer be considered with the likes of unit 9, 10, 1 23 and 27?