Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

2011 Mullins Outfitters Early Season

Howdy folks! I haven't been around much since the beginning of summer due to school and trying to start a new side business. Once the hunts started I put it all on hold and headed for the hills! As most of you can attest, it was a tough year to hunt elk! The rains didn't help and the bulls were not following the rule book to say the least!

We fortunately figured out enough of a pattern to put some great bulls on the ground and we had a blast making new friends and new memories! We had 9 clients and killed 7 bulls with an average score of 360"! All our hunters had opportunities at great bulls and we all had a blast in the process!

Before I have to switch gears again I wanted to update our website/blog and get some of these recent stories up for you all. I've got a handfull of them up now for you all to check out when you get time and I should have more posted as soon as I get a chance! Thanks and congrats to all that were successful thus far on their own hunts! JIM>

Here's the link to the Mullins Outfitters Recent Hunts: http://recenthuntsatmullins.blogspot.com/

Also, here's a few pics from stories I've uploaded so far....

DaveyBull21.jpg

Bear4.jpg

Phil2.jpg

JohnBull19.jpg

Mullinsgoat18_edited-1.jpg

RichBull11.jpg

Pretty dang cool! Congrats on another great season despite the difficult conditions. You guys always know how to 'get it done'!

Thanks for the great replies all!

I came up with 84" on dad's Antelope but everyone thinks I didn't score em' right. I think he looks bigger but with the prongs so low and also being his weakest measurement they definitely don't help his score. He's all mass and is an absolute stud buck, especially with a smokepole and Pops is excited with him regardless of score and that's all that matters!

Webber, I used up all that cover scent you sent me! I really liked the juniper scent and we went thru it fast on all the elk hunts, especially on the days when we were stuck sitting water. All my clients liked it and will be buying it in the future i'm sure! Thanks!