Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

2 sheds, in 2 weeks over 2 miles apart!

I was helping a buddy scout for deer and check our cams and found the right antler a couple of weeks ago and yesterday coming back from a glassing point I found the left side. They were well over 2 miles apart maybe closer to 3 but they look very similar so I don't know if they are a matching set or not. What do you think? A couple of hour later my buddy found a shed in a different place that was almost twice as big. Roughly scored if the other side matched at 116-118, regardless it is a nice shed!

post-4217-0-07850800-1319409374_thumb.jpg

could be. eyeguards and g3s are a little different but who knows. good conversation piece. thx for sharing.

Great finds! I agree with both of the previous comments. I can see arguments for and against the "match hypothesis." Either way, great conversations will be had!

Do they look like they’re the same age? (The right one looks a little older but it could be washed out from the flash of the camera or it could have been dropped in a place where it received more direct sun light. Both could make it appear older even if it was dropped the same year.) Looks like same genetics for sure. Again, great finds. Thanks for posting.

Great finds! I agree with both of the previous comments. I can see arguments for and against the "match hypothesis." Either way, great conversations will be had!

Do they look like they’re the same age? (The right one looks a little older but it could be washed out from the flash of the camera or it could have been dropped in a place where it received more direct sun light. Both could make it appear older even if it was dropped the same year.) Looks like same genetics for sure. Again, great finds. Thanks for posting.

When I found the first shed it was out in the open, The second was more on the north slope and near some bushes so it didn't get as much sun so it isn't as white!

Ok I was going through my pics and found the buck that shed the right side of these antlers. He was still packing it in March and I found it in October. His left side is definetly not the one that I found 2 weeks later so they are not a match! They look like they could be but now I know for sure. I thought they were pretty far apart to be a match but you never know!

post-4217-0-68794900-1319903140_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-00837700-1319903151_thumb.jpg