Sign in to follow this  
game hntr

Heading to Colorado next week

I never got drawn for an elk so this year I meet a guy that wanted to buy a ToyHauler from the auction and i told him I can help with that because i have access to all Dealer auctions ( reposession RV's, vehicles, all that). He came over to my house and he saw the 2 deer heads i have on my walls and we start talking about hunting, fishing.. all great outdoors. We keept on talking and he told me that he does construction and he has some jobs going on and he needed some help. I told him that i do construction to and if he ever needs a TILE GUY I will be more then happy to give him a bid... So time goes by he got an RV and after 3-4 weeks he calls me and ask me if I want to give him a bid on a tile job.

I took the job and we become closer and he asked me if I want to go ELK hunting with him in NOVEMBER... i didn't even think twice i SAID YES I WANT TO GO... let me know when and where and for sure we will be going together.

Next week wednesday we will be leaving to Colorado. His friends are waiting for him in COLORADO. We will be taking 7 horses up the mountain and we will be staying in a HUGE TENT.

It's my first ELK HUNT EVERR. I keep thinking about this hunt for the past 2 months.

Guys please wish me luck and a SAFE trip. That's the most important thing SAFE trip :) and at LEAST 4x4 elk :D as in Colorado I heard that you can't shot if it's smaller then 4x4.

I never got drawn for an elk so this year I meet a guy that wanted to buy a ToyHauler from the auction and i told him I can help with that because i have access to all Dealer auctions ( reposession RV's, vehicles, all that). He came over to my house and he saw the 2 deer heads i have on my walls and we start talking about hunting, fishing.. all great outdoors. We keept on talking and he told me that he does construction and he has some jobs going on and he needed some help. I told him that i do construction to and if he ever needs a TILE GUY I will be more then happy to give him a bid... So time goes by he got an RV and after 3-4 weeks he calls me and ask me if I want to give him a bid on a tile job.

I took the job and we become closer and he asked me if I want to go ELK hunting with him in NOVEMBER... i didn't even think twice i SAID YES I WANT TO GO... let me know when and where and for sure we will be going together.

Next week wednesday we will be leaving to Colorado. His friends are waiting for him in COLORADO. We will be taking 7 horses up the mountain and we will be staying in a HUGE TENT.

It's my first ELK HUNT EVERR. I keep thinking about this hunt for the past 2 months.

Guys please wish me luck and a SAFE trip. That's the most important thing SAFE trip :) and at LEAST 4x4 elk :D as in Colorado I heard that you can't shot if it's smaller then 4x4.

Best of luck to you. I hope CO is as good to you as it was to me. I just got back on Friday. What Unit are you hunting... Just glass your butt off and you will find Bulls. Be ready for show as you never can tell, I got 12" in one night!.

Chris

Just make sure the Bull has 4 or more legal points on one side OR has at least 5" Browtines to be a legal bull. Colorado is a fantastic state to hunt for Elk. What unit are heading to?

Best of luck, Colorado is a beautiful place with beautiful Bulls! i look forward to the photos...