don't hunt with the VP

I just heard VP Cheney and company did not have the required bird tags either, so he got a warning. He has since mailed the fee of $7.00 to Texas.

It is not any different than Golf or Baseball. You take a bit of risk when you do anything and for the media to make like he purposely or carelesly opened up with an AK-47, is just plain stupid.

"I got hit some years ago at about 60 yards and it stung like a bee. Luckily I was wearing safety glasses. Luckily he was shooting a .28gauge. I think the wounds would have been worse. David "

Hey guys, don't knock the 28. I shoot a 20 and a 28 ... I retired my 16 thirty years ago because it kicked me too much and have never owned a 12.

A 10 gauge or a 12 gauge doesn't "hit harder" than Chaney's and my little 28. The difference is in the number of shot and the size of the pattern.

What angers me is how the VP gets only a warning for hunting without a required license. Think any of us would get the same treatment in Texas?

BillQ :P

I just heard that they were both cited for not having the required bird tags :P

It gets better.... (or worse depending on how you view this) ?

The hunter shot and wounded by Vice President Dick Cheney suffered a minor heart attack after a piece of birdshot moved to his heart, a hospital spokesman said today. "Some of the bird shot appears to have moved and lodged into part of his heart ... in what we would say is a minor heart attack," said a spokesman for the Texas hospital treating Harry Whittington.

Nice Shot DICK! :(

Can you imagine the ramifications to this current administration if this dude dies? Oh geeeeeezzz.

-Shiras

Now the way this story keeps changing, you gotta wonder what really happened.

First he is ICU then thye say he is out of ICU and it was just precautionary due to his age. Next thing you know he is supposed to have had a heart attack, but after that thye say it was a mild one. So mild in fact that he never even had any symptoms of a heart attack? Say what? :(

Then the news says it was due to a pellet being lodged in his heart.

Was that lawyer guy Wittington? naked when he got shot or what. How could bird shot get through clothing, and several inches of flesh to lodge in his heart from 30 yards away?

Is the press corps trying to get even with the VP for not reporting the incident to them as it happened? Is there a cover-up? If so, is it a cover-up for Cheney, or Wittington or maybe others involved who are not yet named?

Hey I support the administration for the most part but A lot of things are not quite jiving on this story.

We Probably will never know the whole truth.