Has anyone seen this picture before. Is it a real Mountain Lion or a photoshop job? It was supposedly shot in Iowa and weighs over 200#.

post-911-1139857374.jpg

Seems like I have seen the photo before, maybe 3 yrs ago. I seem to think it was from Canada or Montana, but no proof. Things on the internet do seem to recycle, but in any case it is a big lion!

It was killed in BC. Not Iowa, Pennsylvania, or Uvalde, TX!!! This cat has been shot in over 40 states by the same dude!! Now that is one tought kitty!! heck, I think he even shot it once in Honolulu, HI. !!!!!!!

We're waiting for him to be killed here in Oklahoma. We haven't had a good mountain lion kill here since......well....ever. It will do our state good. No wait, they are on our endangered species list...scratch that.

Hey Scotty, I love our V.P., but maybe you should call him up and give him a few quail hunting pointers ;) -Shiras

I don't know there Shiras, I don't think a load of bird shot to the face from the ol' 28ga would feel too good. The VP needs to have his eyes checked to see if he is Blaze Orage Blind!!!

6 way tie for #7 all time, but GEEEZZZZZZ what about what a freaking toad of lion this is!!!!?

I bet this ole boy is pushing 200 lbs! Or maybe the ole boy holding him is a skinny guy :( :lol: :lol: -Shiras

P.S. Deerslam...that's like, my favorite animal. :D

Washington, eh?? I thought it was from BC.. Guess even I was wrong on this one, but I was close!! But Iowa, PA, and southwestTX, come on now boys!!!

Come on Scotty, Iowa is a heck of alot closer than B.C. if you are filing alphabetically. Anyway who believes the boone and crockett sight. I choose to believe my thrice passed e-mail where I got the posted picture. Below I copied the story that came with the e-mail. It is much better and more believable than that stinking Boone and Crockett story.

Now this is an Iowa "cow-corn fed"mountain lion! Looks like Iowa deer hunting just got a little more exciting. This mountain lion was shot north of Villisca,

Iowa. Close to Morton Mills. The man pictured was going deer

hunting when he heard his neighbors cows making noise.

He discovered this cat attacking some calves.He shot and reportedly the cat jumped eight feet into the air, ran about 100 yards and died. The man in

the picture is over 6 feet tall and the cat weighed over 200 pounds.

Tenville and Morton Mills are tiny little towns in rural Iowa. If you blink you'll miss them while driving by the towns. Tenville has a population of ! 8? Tenville is located between Morton Mills and Villisca.