Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Looking for compound bow

I have been out of the archery scene for about 12 years now. I sold my old PSE bow (old dinosaur type) and now I am in the market to get a new one. I am just getting my 8 yr boy into it now and he loves it, so with that being said I went to PSE and was measured and found out I need at least 30 1/2-31" draw. Anybody out there looking to sell a 31" draw with 60-70#. Preferrably a newer style bow, 2-4 years old. Let me know what's out there. Thanks in advance.

I have been out of the archery scene for about 12 years now. I sold my old PSE bow (old dinosaur type) and now I am in the market to get a new one. I am just getting my 8 yr boy into it now and he loves it, so with that being said I went to PSE and was measured and found out I need at least 30 1/2-31" draw. Anybody out there looking to sell a 31" draw with 60-70#. Preferrably a newer style bow, 2-4 years old. Let me know what's out there. Thanks in advance.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23970

here you go!

Call me!

TJ

I am 6'2", was measured at PSE and verified at Bull Basin at 30 1/2". I guess I have some long butt ape arms, lucky me

probably can go witha 30 in draw and shoot with a loop on the string - should take up 1/2 inch anyway

I tried that when I shot a few of the bows at PSE and the techs there said it was still a bit short for my draw length. They said you could possibly get a longer loop as well as an adjustable release with the bending of my left arm and it would work but then there would be no extra room for any kind of adjustments or room for errors. Not in a huge rush, one will turn up eventually. It gives me more time to save $$$$. Thanks though, all help/advice is surely appreciated.

Well good ole Santa Claus did what he does best and brought me a new PSE bow. Well not brand new, but new to me. I ended up getting a PSE Mach X with some bells and whistles. I ran over to Bull Basin and picked up some arrows to get started. Shot it there and fell in love with the whole archery thing again. My boy also got a small Bullseye 20# recurve from Santa, so we went to PSE to sight both bows on Tuesday. Today I called up a friend and picked up some straw bales so that we could shoot in our backyard. We could only shoot at a max distance of 19 yds due to our backyard configuration. Now where I am going with this is; I know when I go into an archery shop I always go to the shooting lanes and give a quick looksee to see who is shooting and look on the walls to see how many arrows have Robin Hooded (I call this arrows that have been shot with another arrow)it has always been a goal or a trophy so to speak to arrow another arrow. Well today that happened to me on my 4th set of shots on my new straw bale target. I let the arrow fly and instantly heard a strange noise rather than paper and straw, I thought great need a new nock. As I walked up I see a rather longer arrow sticking out of the bale and what do you know it arrowed another arrow. Of course I had to take a pic and send it to all my friends and now the arrows that are stuck together are on my wall in the office. Not a trophy buck or bull elk, but just as cool if you ask me for not shooting in 12+ years.

• Like 1

The Mach X is a really nice bow. Welcome back to the sport of archery!