Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Which camo would you choose?

Southern AZ Camo  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think blends best down here on the border??? Mark as many as apply

• Mossy Oak Break-Up
    • Mossy Oak Brush
    • Seclusion 3D
    • Seclusion Open Country
    • Realtree AP HD
    • Realtree MAX-1
    • Predator Deception
    • Cabela's Outfitter Brown

Help me out- My Realtree Hardwoods isn't good for where I'm at nowadays...

Of the choices given, I like the Mossy Oak Brush. My personal favorite is Mothwing Mountain Mimicry, though its tough to find. Core4element has a pretty decent one that is close to the Mothwing. ASAT is probably #2 on my list. Mossy Oak Treestand is another open pattern that a buddy of mine wears and it is good out here. I am not yet sold on the new Sitka Optifade stuff, but hear good things.

Lance, Deer can see blue. It is one of the few wavelengths they can process. I know with a rifle you don't HAVE to get close, but why not make it an easier shot?

seclusion open country. blends great in the stickers

works good on coyotes when they get 5ft from you and figure out... oh shoot!and is not too hard on the wallet.

but honestly anything that breaks up your outline....

james

I usually hunt with mossy oak brush on coyote hunts and seems to work good for our dry area and also with Marine Corp digital camo (tan) it also blends real good. I sometimes mix my pants and top depending on vegetation. For example in summer/ spring i wear tan camo pants ( grasses/ bushes)and a woodland or realtree hardwoods (treetops in full foliage)top and in fall/ winter all tan (most everything is dry or dormant). I also pay attention to the head wear to make sure it matches my top. Except for quail hunting I wear brown pants with a heavy canvas layer built into it in cold weather and a heavy cotton long sleeve shirt in tan and in warm weather brown jeans with brown snake chaps and a light tan long sleeve shirt. I was told to try to match the vegetation or terrain to your camo to increase your odds. And sorry but I have never seen anything naturally blue out hunting. Even my rifle has been painted coyote tan since there are no black things in the wild.GOOD HUNTIN' and GOOD TIMES

I love the NATURAL GEAR camo. The grey color blends in great in Coues country.

Any dark colored camo looks black from a distance.

I've always found it interesting that back in the midwest, there are the raging debates about which cammo pattern is the best. Then they slap on a big "blaze orange" vest over the top of the cammo. I believe most of the laws back their require 40% total coverage of blaze orange.

Makes you wonder,doesn't it?

I've always found it interesting that back in the midwest, there are the raging debates about which cammo pattern is the best. Then they slap on a big "blaze orange" vest over the top of the cammo. I believe most of the laws back their require 40% total coverage of blaze orange.

Makes you wonder,doesn't it?

deer don't see colors as we see them.... so blaze orange is not blaze orange.

the cones and rods in there eyes are different than ours so colors are transmitted differently.

here is a link that can explain it better that I can.

basically they are red and green color blind but can see into the ultra violet spectrum.

http://www.atsko.com/articles/hunting/color-vision-in-deer.html

james

I dont think the pattern you choose is that important. None will cover up movement. Its better to just stay completely out of site or at least behind cover in the shade.