Sign in to follow this  
AZP&Y

New website Trailcamtresspasser

With the multitude of trailcam problems in Arizona , most of which occur on public land someone has started a website: http://trailcamtrespasser.com

It even allows you to post picutures of perps specific to each county in Arizona.

I in NO WAY have any affiliation to this website, but I think it's fair to say that this has (and probably will always be) an issue throughout the country. It will be interesting to see how this plays out when someones picture(s) are posted across the internet.

Here is the description of the website:

THE ORIGINAL WEBSITE FOR POSTING TRAIL-CAM PHOTOS OF POACHERS, TRESPASSERS, AND THIEVES!

A TRAIL CAM TRESPASSER

WHAT EXACTLY IS A TRAIL CAM TRESPASSER?

AS WITH MANY LANDOWNERS IN THE COUNTRY,WE ARE A GROUP THAT LOVES THE OUTDOORS AND WILDLIFE, AS WELL AS HUNTING AND FISHING. IN RECENT YEARS, HOWEVER, IT HAS BECOME INCREASINGLY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE OF AN INCREASING NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF RESPECTIING OTHERS PRIVATE PROPERTY. MANY METHODS HAVE BEEN USED TO CURB THE PROBLEM, INCLUDING NO TRESPASSING SIGNS, PATROLLING, AND USE OF THE DEER DECOY WITH THE DNR (WHICH WORKED VERY WELL, THEY CAUGHT THREE POACHERS IN TWO DAYS IN THE SAME SPOT HERE. BUT THIS HAS NOT REALLY SLOWED DOWN THE INCREASING PROBLEM OF HUMAN ENCROACHMENT.

IN ADDITION TO POACHING WHITETAILS, (PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SEEN IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT SHOOTING DEER OUT OF A FIELD WITH HEADLIGHTS SHOWN ON THEM) OTHER FORMS OF BAD BEHAVIOR ARE DUMPING TRASH,METH LABS AND MUSHROOM HUNTING WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION

THE EXCUSES EXPRESSED ARE RIDICULOUS " I HAVE HUNTED HERE ALL MY LIFE", "I THOUGHT THIS WAS STATE LAND", "WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT", " I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGNS" , I WAS JUST PANNING FOR GOLD" ETC. ETC. ETC.

THE TRAIL-CAM IS A FANTASTIC DEVICE, IN THAT IS AN EXCELLENT WAY FOR PROPERTY OWNERS TO CONTROL OR EVEN PUT A STOP TO THIS BAD BEHAVIOR. WHAT BETTER WAY TO DETER A WOULD-BE POACHER OR THIEF THAN IF THEY THINK THEY MIGHT JUST BE GETTING THEIR PICTURE TAKEN? IF YOU ARE THINKING OF PURCHASING A TRAIL CAMERA AND ARE NOT SURE WHICH TYPE TO BUY, DEFINATELY GO WITH THE NEWER INVISIBLE FLASH TYPE CAMERA, AS THERE IS NO VISIBLE LIGHT AT NIGHT AND THE PERSON WILL HAVE NO IDEA HE IS GETTING HIS PICTURE TAKEN. SEVERAL MANUFACTURERS MAKE THIS TYPE OF CAMERA. WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING ALL OF OUR INFRARED CAMERAS WITH THESE INVISIBLE FLASH TYPE OF CAMERAS, AS SEVERAL OF OUR INFRARED CAMS HAVE BEEN DAMAGED OR DELETED DUE TO THE PERSON SEEING THE RED LIGHTS AT NIGHT. THIS SHOULD HELP GET LOTS OF INTERESTING FOOTAGE IN THE YEARS TO COME!

THIS WEBSITE, IN CONCLUSION , IS A SIMPLE TOOL TO HOPEFULLY HELP BRING OUT INTO THE LIGHT ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO RESPECT OTHERS PRIVATE PROPERTY, AND THE RIGHT OF FAIR CHASE TO THE GAME ANIMAL IN GENERAL.

AzP&Y

Thanks. Someone stole my camera ( my FIRST camera ) 3 weeks ago. My own fault; I put it up on a water catchment in 22N that anyone could get to with 2wd. My friend had a cam set up about 1/2 mile away from mine & he got pics of 2 guys stealing his salts licks (along w/ the lic# on one of the quads--don't know how they didn't see the cam). He still hasn't posted the pics....should he??

post um up!

thieves are scum!

james

dang.... did I fall for that again!?

new poster

that's just wrong! :lol:

james

Notice http://www.trailcamtrespasser.com/ is geared towards PRIVATE property.

The general public people have zero issues with people utilizing trail cameras on private property.

However, on PUBLIC LAND, subjecting another person to your personal remote surveillance system is wrong. These remote surveillance systems on public land are out of control.

One should at least be able to look a person in the eye and ask him/her to quit taking his/her picture.

Just got to cover up those cameras or stay on Babbitt Ranches.

Do not leave anything unattended outside of one's camp. Pack it in, pack it out with you (trash, cameras, blinds, treestands, guides, etc.).

Check out Babbitt Ranches' stance. Hopefully this ranch is open to the public for future generations. Most of the private ranch lands are now closed or soon to be in coming years.

I'm going to have to start digging around and find some cold hard facts and rulings. I do know there are a few that cover no right to privacy in a public setting. Meaning, if you are in a public place, you can have your photo taken or captured on video (kind of like when you read the back of your ticket to an expo and it states you surrender your image or likeness of your image to reproduction by the person hosting the event. That's a "private" setting and you are agreeing that when you use your ticket and enter you your right to privacy is excused.)

The reason I know there are ruling is when we were taking photos of the Tempe Lake Dam breaking last year a couple of my photos were used on Channel 3's website on the home page. A question was brought up that the lady's face who turned as the photo was taken needed to be compensated, or have a signed paper stating she knew her photo was taken. Channel 3 cited that there was no need due to the no privacy in public rules.