Sign in to follow this  
Sir Buckwheat

My big game hunts were a bust, but the birds have been AWESOME!!

I've been busy with work and hunting and haven't been on as much as I used to but thought I'd give you all a little update on how my fall has been and share a few pics. I ate tag soup on my deer and elk hunts but the birds have been really good this year here in NE Utah. I picked up a few new area's to hunt and they've paid off. I've killed more quail already than I did the last two seasons combined! The ducks have been good too. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed shooting ducks until I took the kids out last week. We've been out every night since.

DSCI0003-1.jpg

DSCI0002-3.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTEyLTAwMDY5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTEyLTAwMDY4LmpwZw-1.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTI4LTAwMDg4LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTI4LTAwMDg5LmpwZw.jpg

DSCI0007-3.jpg

but the birds have been really good this year DSCI0007-3.jpg

With a good looking dog like that, good hunting is certainly guaranteed ;)

Thats for sure. I wish I could say I made her what she is but she was given to me last year, best free dog I've ever had! B) I just have a thing for Ugly Dogs I guess... I love my Pointer and will always have one around, but the same goes for the versatiles. Either a GWP, DD, or PP will always be in my kennel as well.

there ain't much impresses me as much as a hard working dog. great story. cow dog, sheep dog, hound, retriever, sled, whatever. working dogs are something that desserves admiration. Lark.

Great looking dog. I'm with Lark on this one. Nothing like watching a good dog work. :)

TJ

I'm with you both on that one. I love watching a good cow dog work, or any working dog. But pointing dogs get me all hot and bothered, especially when I know they're working a covey of Valley Quail! :)