Sign in to follow this  
motoxno53

American Huntress

I have my DVR set to record all Coues and Mule Deer hunts. So last night I was watching American Huntress for the first time as she hunted MD in New Mexico. On an evening hunt she shot a nice buck that she called "Mr Big" She ran out of daylight and did not recover the buck. Yes that happens and not to abnormal right? Well the next day rather then going to look for "Mr Big" she goes on a management hunt. REALLY? How in the heck does she have a show and sponsors when she cant even take the time to look for a deer that she shot? I was discussed by this wanted to see if any of you saw the show to see if you felt the same...

Chris

Saw it and said the same thing to my husband. How and the heck do you go hunting management deer when you haven't even recovered the deer you shot the night before? Not much respect for the animal in my book!. AND if she said "Mr. Big" one more time I was going to throw my shoe through the t.v.

I see this way to often on these hunting shows. There is a time when you need to wait but I see a good hit from the camera shot and then the hunter says we'll get him in the morning. I believe alot of this is due to the hunter just wanting to get the rack and it will look better on film in the daylight. It really burns me to see this. :angry:

TJ

I see this way to often on these hunting shows. There is a time when you need to wait but I see a good hit from the camera shot and then the hunter says we'll get him in the morning. I believe alot of this is due to the hunter just wanting to get the rack and it will look better on film in the daylight. It really burns me to see this. :angry:

TJ

Ya I agree with you on that but on this hunt she makes a point to say that she is hunting while they look for her buck. She did not even come back the next AM.

that's them wimmin hunters for ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: they need to stay in camp and cook and feed the hounds and make sure the horses have shoes. :o :lol: :P Lark.

• Like 1

In my opinion, for hunting shows to save face, they should have to show the after care (to include legal tagging) and in the credits there should be a blurb about what was done with the meat. You see the same guys hopping from state to state shooting deer like gangbusters and you never see them tag the deer or their full freezer... hmmmm. Wonder if it's all on the level.

In my opinion, for hunting shows to save face, they should have to show the after care (to include legal tagging) and in the credits there should be a blurb about what was done with the meat. You see the same guys hopping from state to state shooting deer like gangbusters and you never see them tag the deer or their full freezer... hmmmm. Wonder if it's all on the level.

Not bashing Uncle Teddy, he's done more for hunting rights and promoting it in a good light than anyone in my opinion.

My link

Send the show an e-mail and let them know what you didn't like and why. I'm sure for they are looking for "heart pounding excitement" and to most, watching a show as they track a poorly hit buck does not produce that. Its easier to send out your team of trackers to recover the buck while you go hit a high fence hunt down the road.

We are kind of different out West. While we get excited every year for our one deer, them boys back East are allowed one or two doe and a buck. They want the heart pounding whack and stack em hunting shows.

that's them wimmin hunters for ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: they need to stay in camp and cook and feed the hounds and make sure the horses have shoes. :o :lol: :P Lark.

Ohhhhhh Lark! :unsure: :P