buckhunt3r

Rut Reports

After doing a lot of searching on the net, i have yet to come up with any truely good rut reports that get in to specifics of the rut statusw in the southwest. specifically for us coues hunters in the arizona and new mexico area. Have you been seeing any rut activity? what kinds?

I have been hunting 35A and have not seen any bucks following the doe herds yet, but i have seen a buck rubbing and scraping, and no bacelor groups. any good rut activity you guys have seen?

Saw two little bucks feeling their oats yesterday. Hopefully, it starts soon because between friday and saturday I saw 72 does, and another 25 or so yesterday all in different areas.

Saw a small racked buck in my yard 3 times last week with the doe that always come in. Tells me the big boys will be coming soon!

friday/saturday saw 6 lonely does 9 does with a 3x3 and 11 does with a 3x3 and another 6 lonely does.

all mule deer

arizona unit 21

james

Yesterday I saw five different bucks with does chasing hard. Also saw a couple other bucks that were bird dogging it all over the mountain searching for does. So it was picking up where I was at.

Guest akaspecials

AZ 24b. Multiple Coues bucks without does. Saw 2 Coues bucks chasing does and bird dogging.

I haven't been out yet <_<

But if there is cold/wet weather like we have had than usually kick off earlier. Guessing pre rut is on in the southern units and full rut up north.