Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

Zeiss?

I am looking for a new rifle scope right now. My question is how is the zeiss conquest? Does it have a crisp image? Is it worth the cost of $500+?

I have Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10s, VXIII 4.5-14 and a Conquest 3.5-10 When sighting in at 100 yards, I find the Conquest to be sharper then the Leupolds against the 1/4" grids on the targets. Most people will say the Conquest is sharper. A trip to Sportsmans to compare them side by side may be in order. Be sure to play with the focus on the eyepieces.

My $0.02, but ymmv

RR

Thats what I thought. I looked through the zeiss last year when I was looking for a scope for my .300 but saw the price tag. Now my .300 is retired due to bad barrel vibration. So I have a new gone on the way and my #1 choice for a scope was the 3.5-10x44 zeiss conquest. Just wanted to get some peoples opinion on these scopes.

hey younghunter,

I just got back from sighting in my 280 today.I replaced the leupold I had on it with a conquest 4.5x14 and it's great.I did what redrabbit said and went to sportsman's warehouse and put both the leupold and zeiss on a stock to see what they both felt like.that's the best way to figure out what you'd want.in my opinion the clarity and reticle in the zeiss scope was better than the leupold I matched it up against.bearbasin.com is a great place to order one from they'll beat the price of most anybody on the zeiss'.

goodluck, Wade

wklman I actually have a .280 ordered and its on its way right now.

So far it sounds like the zeiss is the way to go.

Younghunter,

I had the 4.5-14 Conquest on my .300 win mag. It shot fine, but in about a year of time some particles have broken down inside the scope causing small black specks across the entire field of view. It still shoots fine, it is just miserable to look through. It could be an isolated instance; however, I have switched to Leupold VXIII 4.5-14 with BC reticle exclusively.

My vote, having used both, is the Leupold.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input dds. I will have to do some more research on the zeiss to see if that has happend to other people

Christian, i have Zeiss on my 7mag and leupolds on my 25-06, 30-06, 270wsm, dads 7RUM. the zeiss is a sweet piece of glass with the laser etched reticle it is extremly nice. i would strongly suggest buying them from ebay, i have saved over $600 buying them from there. check out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZEISS-3-9X40-CONQUEST-...1QQcmdZViewItem

this seller, they sell a lot of stuff and you can get them cheap!

The BEST thing about the Zeiss is that when you zoom it up, the eye relief stays the same. No more crowding the scope when you are at full magnification.

What kind of warranty does the Zeiss have? I know that Leupold would replace my scope if it had "black specks throughout the entire field of view!

Kevin

I have decided to purchase the 3.5-10x44 zeiss conquest. For several reasons

1) Lifetime Warranty

2) Quality of glass that zeiss has

3) Price for the quality of glass

4) Same eye relief when zooming in and out

I appreciate all of your inputs guys.