cmc

HB 2072 Sale of big game tags

A few more groups and bills like this one and the citizens of Arizona could completly lose some of the best tags\units\public resources in the state. Oh don't worry our "organization" will take care of that unit\tags\etc...from now on, and look how much more revenue we generate from auctioning off all the tags to our members,.02% could go to a high percent in a hurry. I hope there are no more bills like this one. Some things should remain "for all" and the system inplace works and is fair. Thanks to everyone who made a difference

BPJ-nice try but some of us will make getting rid of SFW our main endeavor. Once you know for a fact that there is a predator after your family it is best to get rid of it for good. Just like Taulman we are not ever going to take our eyes off of you and the boys. As for Weiers I am 62 and had both my shoulders rebuilt so no sympathy from me. I am going to wait until his next primary and donate $500 to whoever his GOP opponent is.

AS of 1 PM today the Director of Game and Fish has not been contacted by Representative Weiers or any of his staff with notice that this bill has been offically killed.

Keep your antennas up.

conspiracy theory? no theory PBJ. you and your buddies did conspire to take the cream right off the top of the tag bucket and let rich guys have em. no theory, you did it. plain and simple. it's a conspiracy fact. and your outfit has lost what credibility it had. with everyone. go away quietly and leave us alone. Lark.

BPJ-any comments on Alaska SFW? Like the founding member Corey Rossi was appointed by the governor as Director of Wildlife Conservation with Peay writing that SFW finally had a solid political connection to Alaska's game division? Like the same Corey Rossi gave 4 of their 10 governor's tags to SFW to auction in Utah? Like the same Corey Rossi that just got busted for poaching brown bear on a hunt with people from Utah? You guy's wouldn't try to load our Commission here would ya?

BPJ-nice try but some of us will make getting rid of SFW our main endeavor. Once you know for a fact that there is a predator after your family it is best to get rid of it for good. Just like Taulman we are not ever going to take our eyes off of you and the boys. As for Weiers I am 62 and had both my shoulders rebuilt so no sympathy from me. I am going to wait until his next primary and donate $500 to whoever his GOP opponent is.

Fascinating that you would try and destroy the ONLY legislator that has worked for us. He sponsors what you call a bad bill and 4 days later pulls it because of outcry. Yet you would donate $500.00 to have him removed....Somehow I just do not follow the logic, but hey, last I checked it was a free country and we will all have our chance to help or hinder any politician. I wonder why he is still the chosen one by the AZGFD to carry their Omnibus bill?...

• Like 2

Because he committed the cardinal sin on this one and tried to help you guys pass the exact same deal USO was wanting to get done. Because I don't trust politicians and figure if he would sponsor this he is dirty. Because it is my money and I can work against the man because he pissed me off. Now what are your thoughts on the good work of SFW in Alaska?

BPJ-any comments on Alaska SFW? Like the founding member Corey Rossi was appointed by the governor as Director of Wildlife Conservation with Peay writing that SFW finally had a solid political connection to Alaska's game division? Like the same Corey Rossi gave 4 of their 10 governor's tags to SFW to auction in Utah? Like the same Corey Rossi that just got busted for poaching brown bear on a hunt with people from Utah? You guy's wouldn't try to load our Commission here would ya?

The commission process here is totally different. If you were to check the guidelines, it has been created with 5 different people sitting on it. They come from a diverse group that interviews the candidates and then sends no less than 2 nor more than 5 to the governor to make her/his choice. There is no chance in Hades that it could be "stacked". I am sure however that some will still not believe it. As for Alaska, I have no knowledge of that organization. The only time I have met Don Peay was 6 years ago when everyone who was interested in the formation of the AZSFW met here, and then once last year for a discussion regarding the wolf issue and their national drive to have wolves put back in the states hands. So, a bit long winded, but no...we would not try and "stack" the commission. No one can.

• Like 2

Because he committed the cardinal sin on this one and tried to help you guys pass the exact same deal USO was wanting to get done. Because I don't trust politicians and figure if he would sponsor this he is dirty. Because it is my money and I can work against the man because he pissed me off. Now what are your thoughts on the good work of SFW in Alaska?

I understand a reluctance to trust politicians, but in reality, there is a need for them. To play ostrich will simply leave sportsmen open to a whole lot of other items by people who hate hunting. See below regarding Alaska.. I have no knowledge of that group.. Never been there, want to some day, and I have never had a conversation with anyone regarding Alaska SFW. This is the first I have heard any of this. I did not know they were an organization. Sorry..

• Like 1

conspiracy theory? no theory PBJ. you and your buddies did conspire to take the cream right off the top of the tag bucket and let rich guys have em. no theory, you did it. plain and simple. it's a conspiracy fact. and your outfit has lost what credibility it had. with everyone. go away quietly and leave us alone. Lark.

Last I checked Lark, this site is indeed open for comments. "take the cream right off the top?" of the 350 tags, 300 were for raffle. To everyone. Yes, 50 were for auction, yes it was an attempt to pay for a laundry list of items that I still believe in. We have not lost credibility with everyone, I have received a lot of e-mails and calls saying "Hey, it was a bad way to present the bill, it is gone away, keep working for wildlife." Which is precisely what I intend to do. My stop here for however short it is meant to be was to answer questions. People are still asking them and I am still responding. I understand your intense dislike for me, that is your thought process. As long as people are asking questions, I will answer them. Regards, BPJ

• Like 2

John-you may be the greatest guy in the world but it is amazing that the AZ mess goes down with the exact same model Peay rammed to Utah and he posts that you guys are totally independent of him. Now the founder of the Alaska SFW gets nailed for poaching and cheating and you never even knew they had a branch there. I have been there 26 times and have good friends there and they don't like SFW. They are even tougher than the people here so I am sure Don will issue a statement that he has nothing to do with Alaska.

• Like 1

John-you may be the greatest guy in the world but it is amazing that the AZ mess goes down with the exact same model Peay rammed to Utah and he posts that you guys are totally independent of him. Now the founder of the Alaska SFW gets nailed for poaching and cheating and you never even knew they had a branch there. I have been there 26 times and have good friends there and they don't like SFW. They are even tougher than the people here so I am sure Don will issue a statement that he has nothing to do with Alaska.

Well, I know all the principals involved in the creation of the AZSFW, They liked some of the concepts that helped generate funds for the Utah sportsmen and have the event that they do each year which does bring a lot of economic activity but other than that, there is no connection to the SFW of Utah.... The concept of a major expo was a format that worked and we wanted to do the same thing... with one major exception. We would never tolerate landowner tags. Sorry that I have to plead ignorance, but I had never heard of AlaskaSFW. I seldom travel outside of AZ.

• Like 2

Somebody was gonna post this I know. Beat ya to it. Same crap Different state....AK Director and SFW Board Member Busted"

Seems pretty easy to connect the dots of corruption in this case.

AK Fish and Game Director, Corey Rossi, a founding board member of AK SFW got busted for some illegal bear hunting with his buddies from Utah. Evidently him being a guide and Director of AK F&G makes him above the law, in his mind.

I remember SFW bragging that they got Rossi appointed as director as "A friend of Sarah." Sent the former director to a remote outpost, for no apparent reason, other than he wasn't one of their own.

Link provided here about the charges against Director Rossi - http://www.adn.com/2012/01/12/2260922/wildlife-chief-charged-with-hunt.html

Did a quick search of "Corey Rossi Don Peay SFW" and came up with this link below. Lots of links come up, but here is the first that Google gave.

http://www.themudflats.net/2011/11/16/a-disaster-for-alaskas-department-of-fish-and-game/

The connection doesn't stop there. Mr. Rossi has been handing out Governors tags to his SFW buddies in Utah. The link below shows where 4 of the 11 AK governor's permits got handed over to SFW/SFH to be auctioned in UT next month.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/license/huntlicense/pdfs/2012_winners.pdf

And we always know that when the storm starts about SFW cronies, the "I don't know that guy" story will come forward. So, since we know there will be the same denial story here, as there was when SFW got caught trying to kill the MT and ID wolf seasons, I provide the link below to show that Mr. Rossi was thought of as one the political plants of SFW. Just read the column on the left of the page.

http://mudflats.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/don-peay-_-rossi-appointment.pdf

For those who don't want to download Mr. Peay's column at the link above, the part I refer to is provided here:

"Many of our members are politically positioned to help SFW in the fight. Robert Espinosa, a founder of SFW New Mexico, was recently appointed by Governor Martinez to the New Mexico Game and Fish Commission. Corey Rossi, a founding member of SFW Alaska was appointed Game and Fish Director by Governor Parnell."

And people wonder why the rest of the world is trying to clean the landscape of the pox that has been brought to us by SFW.

I live in MT and spend way too much time in the State and Federal political battles fighting against SFW and their self-serving ideas. They have done nothing but try to screw the resident hunter in MT. And this week we find them trying to do the same to hunters in AZ and AK.

And those in charge think we are dumb enough to believe "Each state SFW chapter operates indendently." Yeah, right.

Anyhow, grab your popcorn and wait until the thread gets locked.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

• Like 1

pbj, the fact remains that you tried to take 350 of the very best big game permits Arizona has to offer, away from us po' folk, that are too stupid to understand your good intentions i might add, and basically hand them to folks who can afford anything. now there is proof you are associated with bear poachers? it just keeps getting better. once again, no conspiracy theory, it's a conspiracy fact. you guys conspired to take 350 of the best tags, that a state that doesn't have many tags to start with, has to offer. one thing about it, folks are gonna pay a lot more attention to things from now on, because you and your cronies have proved that you can't be trusted. now go away and plot your next scam. Lark.

• Like 1

Well you all can vote for who you want but for me Jerry Weiers will get my support--i know what he has done and i know what he can do for us. Think about it--how many politicians do you know that are out there that would have listened to you? Jerry seen the majority was in disagreement and he did the right thing.

Here is hoping he has a fast recovery so he can get back to helping all of us!

• Like 1