cmc

HB 2072 Sale of big game tags

I wanted it repealed as soon as I found out about it a week or so ago when BPJ referenced it and I studied it... It doesn't matter to me who brought the repeal bill up, it's correct and should be implemented... As much as I hate Obama, if he said he would completely disband the ATF after the gunwalking debacle... I'm not going to say NO! don't do it.

This legislation should have never been enacted in the first place... needs to go.

Kent

• Like 1

Well, by your own list above, if you support SB1200, then you support a sitting Sierra Club member or some such on that board... also there isn't any reason to believe that with a little imagination, anti's can't word their 501 incorporation statements to qualify for any of the first three positions legally...

Kent

• Like 1

The letter that follows was sent by Governor Napolitano to all prospective Commissioners. Please note that YVRGC led the list. Former Commissioon Chair, Robert Woodhouse received a similar letter. Note that hook and bullet guys as well as the anti crowd were included. After SB 1200 passed the need for potential Commissioners to speak with multiple organizations ended. Prior to SB 1200 it was not uncommon for the Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club Board of Directors to interview numerous applicants seeking our endorsement. This is how it should be. Now, only AZSFW through the 5 members (recommended to serve on the Recommendation Board by AZSFW) interview applicants. With AZSFW being successful in eliminating the Seirra Club and others from the conversation, they also elimited the voices of most sportsmen.

Dear Game and Fish Commission Applicant,

Thank you for submitting your application in consideration of

appointment to the Commission.

There are a number of organizations that are very interested in this

appointment and we suggest you contact them to discuss your interest in

the Commission. A partial list of these organizations includes The Yuma

Rod and Gun Club, Arizona League of Conservation Voters, Southern

Arizona Sportsman Alliance, Sierra Club Grand Canyon Chapter, Wildlife

Conservation Council, Trout Unlimited and the Arizona Wildlife

Federation. [Please note that this list is representative of groups

that are interested in this appointment and is not by any means intended

to reflect all of the groups. You may wish to contact others as well).

Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club has learned the Rep. Weiers will reach his term limit at the end of this seesion. We have heard rumors (strictly rumors) that he may run for the State Senate in the new District 13 or for Mayor of Glendale. The validity of these rumors are unclear. If he chooses to run for the Senate, he will repectfully be asked to speak with YVRGC. If hw opts for Glendale we are confident that there are more than a few sportmens in that area who will ask the tough questions.

YVRGC will not attempt to destroy Jerry. Over the years, he has done great things to sportsmen and wildlife. We believe that he was misled or posibly lied to, regarding HB 2072. As honorable as Jerry is. I doubt that Jerry would throw those who misled or lied to him under the bus.

I for one will ask YVRGC to give him a fair shake. Allow Jerry the opportunity to explain his side of the story and what he hoped to accomplish.

Let's give Jerry a chance, his history of support is much longer than that of AZSFW. As far as I'm concerned AZSFW is under the back wheels of the bus.

Thank you archerycrazy, I appreciate you and the YVRGC for taking the correct approach, also AES. I've tried to be careful with Weiers, not be in the linch him camp, but also be firm that we need assurances in the near future. Thanks again.

While you are at it... look at the Super PAC issue, timing of requalification and 2072... at least consider if there is a threat still viable from outside interests.

http://www.arizonasportsmenforwildlife.org/?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=66

Kent

I suspect that AZSFW was successful in their campaign to coninue as a SuperPac. With a Weatherby rifle as the hook, it should have been easy to sell 500 tickets. A few years ago I raised nearly that much in 2 months with a Browning O/U shotgon. AZSFW will be able to contribute money to campaigns with few restriction. The problem they now will have, is who's money are they going to spend. $5000.00 doesn't go very far in today's political world. Independent donations may begin to dry up. If the WCC and other organizations continue to step away AZSFC will be in deep trouble.

Well I guess we can see where Amanda stands on this, since she is pimping AZSFW's talking points to us...

Actually, as I posted before, I haven't decided on this yet. When making a decision about this, I think it's important to get as many facts as possible. I think it's important to hear from lots of hunters, the AGFD commission, other sportsmens groups as well as the people who created this bill. I expect to be attending a meeting next week with the sportsmens groups to discuss this issue.

Just wondering if you did in fact attend a meeting on this subject. If so what did you find out.

Thanks!

No, I didn't. As I understand it, the meeting was cancelled since the bill was dropped.

I suspect that AZSFW was successful in their campaign to coninue as a SuperPac. With a Weatherby rifle as the hook, it should have been easy to sell 500 tickets. A few years ago I raised nearly that much in 2 months with a Browning O/U shotgon. AZSFW will be able to contribute money to campaigns with few restriction. The problem they now will have, is who's money are they going to spend. $5000.00 doesn't go very far in today's political world. Independent donations may begin to dry up. If the WCC and other organizations continue to step away AZSFC will be in deep trouble.

I understand and appreciate the listen...

500 donations and 10 bucks are minimum... to create the vessel... what of the member organization dues, which is a 'substantial' number. What about donations from individuals investing in their interest of tags. Before the super pac, they could donate 5000.00 an individual, now it's confusing but seems they can donate unlimited. I can't find where Utah SFW can't donate heavily with their orgs in Az. Don't overlook that they may have a huge warchest and attempted a quickstike to the endzone before a long draw out ground game... Who controls this two year super pac?

Thanks again, someone look into all possibilities...

Kent

------------------------

So-called super PACs, which were created following a pair of federal court decisions in 2010, are permitted to receive unlimited campaign contributions from corporations, labor unions, and wealthy individual donors. Traditional federal political action committees and candidate campaign committees may only receive limited contributions from individuals, political parties, and other political action committees. Under federal law, candidates and super PACs are not permitted to coordinate campaign activity.

What does Weires not understand about the strong no tags statement the sportsman and the Commission sent to him?????? The way I read this statement from him I believe we will be seeing a new version of 2072 soon. I also believe he and Suzanne have a damage control plan to try and minimize the political damage they both have self inflicted themselves during this attempted hijacking of these tags! She will meet with a FEW of the critter group representatives she knows are her supporters and then tell Weires that the sportsman support whatever she says! She has done it before and certainly will do it again!! I believe now is the time for all sportsman to have their groups follow the lead of Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club and no longer be an affiliate of Arizona Sportsman for Wildlife or any other organization that Gilstrap has anything to do with! People on this website I believe have given Weires a little respect as to his future in Arizona politics but he needs to give us respect for our strong about no hijacking of these tags. If he wants to continue with this when he received such an overwhelming no then someone needs to tell him his political future will be in jeopardy !!!! BPJ had posted last Thursday about noon that Weires had pulled the bill and that AZGFD had been notified that 2072 was dead!!! People this was a total lie, I talked to folks yesterday (Jan 17) in the morning and they still at that time had received NO notice of what Weires intent was for 2072!!!!! It is clear to me that BPJ is only the mouthpiece for Suzanne and Weires since his post calmed us all down for a bit and gave Suzanne and Weires time to start damage control. with the statement we saw earlier from Weires we now see their plan restarting. Now is the time to encourage all affiliates to resign their organizations from Suzanne and to respectfully let Weires know he needs to focus his attention to other polical matters that are important to all Arizonans !

Hello Comm1... Are you not a former commissioner?... I have stated that HB2072 is dead. The Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club lead????? Smells a lot like politics here. I have protected some folks here but it appears that being courteous is not a good thing. The AZSFW has been blasted here because of Prop 109 which was a failure here. Who came to the AZSFW and BEGGED for the AZSFW support?... George Reiners, of the Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club. I was present where he came in and asked that this "vital" piece of legislation be passed and that the NRA was doing a horrible job and would the ASZFW please help... You are not being honest here Comm1... Rep Weiers posted his statement and that in political speak is a way of acknowledging that the many have spoken. There is no damage control, the bill is dead, Rep Weiers issued a statement to that effect... get on with your life....

I guess Mr Woodhouse was right. and BPJ was not.

I cannot see how a person who deliberately gives misleading information is still the leader of the ADA.

That guy from ADA was absolutely babbling last night at the meeting and he was ticked off! Said there were death threats? Was that staged for Brewer's people? Hope it is not true. It is obvious that ADA is in bed on this bill so need to adjust to that fact and move on.

By the way there are some good sportsmen on the advisory board, one of them happens to be my step dad and he has more political clout than any person on this or any other forum in AZ and he is workinng his tail off along with the others on the advisory committee to keep the people who know our wildlife system and what is best for it "sportsman" like all of us, on that board. He warned people about the SFW when the lady started it but they wouldn't listen and look where it is now. He and I have donated tons of time and money helping every where we can and he has spent a lot of his time making sure the right people stay or get elected to certain positions but he is only one man. If any of you have anything bad to say about him you tell me when and where. There are good people working hard to keep everything headed in a good direction. Here is a great idea. Instead of bitc(*&* and complaining like a bunch of old ladies get your fat buts off the computers and get out and do something about it. Stop hiding behind your computer.

• Like 2