Sign in to follow this  
coues..crazy

264 win mag. sendero sfII

the senderos in all calibers are great. my nephew shot a nice coues last yeat with my brothers .264 . awesome. it is a stock sendero, shilen trigger, leup 6.5-20 w/turret, vais brake. ron in flag

Nice gun! Go for it.

one drawback, other than it ain't a model 70, from what i've seen they aren't twisted quite quick enough to shoot the real high bc bullets, like bergers, real accurate. my son has one and it is a shooter, but it won't stabilize real long bullets real well. shoots 130 gr sirrocos like a lazer tho. Lark.

one drawback, other than it ain't a model 70, from what i've seen they aren't twisted quite quick enough to shoot the real high bc bullets, like bergers, real accurate. my son has one and it is a shooter, but it won't stabilize real long bullets real well. shoots 130 gr sirrocos like a lazer tho. Lark.

Thanks for the info.

Good to know. If I do end up buying It I will have to try them. Any load info you would be willing to share would be great. Thanks again.

CRAZY- i say it is the BEST factory whitetail rifle out there. weatherby .257 accumark close second more money not as high bc. both of my 8.5 twist barrels chambered for the 6.5-284 stabalize the 123 and 139 scenars out to 1000 yards and shoot really good groups . my brothers 264- the 130 and 140 berger failed to reach the target. the 140 and 142 sierras are not made for hunting. you are best served by a 120 balistic tip or a 123 scenar for coues . he has not tried the 130 accubond or scirroco. since i shoot a LOT slower with my 6.5-284 i prefer the 120 because it is not as "tough" as the accubonds. i believe there is nosler brass available now.

My daughter's 264 win mag has a shilen barrel with a 1-9 twist and it shoots 120 seirra's at 3100 fps. She's used it for muleys, coues and her cow elk. It also likes the 120 nosler's.

Brent

What do you guys think about hornady sst. I know this really depends on loads and bullets but at about what range will I go under 1200 # of energy?

I don't think the actual brand of bullet (any BT) is the primary concern. What weight bullet, muzzle velocity are you planning on using. From here you can jump on a a number of sites Berger, Vortex, etc and calculate your max range based on energy. It literally takes only about 5 minutes. SST, Ballistic Tips, Sciroccos, etc at the same weight are going to perform virtually the same. You may get a little more out of a Berger, Lapua or other high BC bullet but in 264 it will be pretty close.

My guess without all the variables is you will be good to at least 800 yards with the 120-130 everyone is recommending.