Sign in to follow this  
coues7

stupid AZGFD

I don't know how many of you know this but Mountain Lion Hunting season will be closing soon. The AZGFD is closing lion hunting for 3 months starting in April.

what the heck are these idiots thinking???

I didnt check today but there were still a multitude of units with Nov archery bull hunts listed. I thought we got past that. And I have been seeing on the evening news how the Game and Fish is going to be hurting for money due to the ammount of tags the drought is taking away. THey got it on the news in Tucson and channel 4 ran it 2 or 3 days in a row. 5,6 and 10. Looking through the whole "proposed " regs on the web site in definately interesting reading.

Shane

I didnt check today but there were still a multitude of units with  Nov archery bull hunts listed.  I thought we got past that.  And I have been seeing on the evening news how the Game and Fish is going to be hurting for money due to the ammount of tags the drought is taking away. THey got it on the news in Tucson  and channel 4 ran it 2 or 3 days in a row.  5,6 and 10.    Looking through the whole "proposed " regs on the web site in definately interesting reading.

Shane

Yes, they are reving up the PR machine so that when the large increase in prices and the butt load of deer tags they are about to issue come out, they will have some sympathy.

I thought they told us their proposals for the increase in elk and deer tags was for more opportunity and had nothing to do with money?

April? Thought it was June, July, and August of 2007?

It is going into affect this year for sure! Thats strait from an AZGFD employees mouth! I can't believe these dumb a$$es. I can tell you from personal experience UNIT 31 in OCT/NOV ABSOLUTELY THE WORST WT HUNT EVER.

INCREASED QUANTITIY = DECREASED QUALITY = BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD......ETC.

CLOSING LION SEASON FOR 3 MONTHS = BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD......ETC.

It seems that everything in life worth having and standing up for is going to heck in a hand bag. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Here is the link again, http://www.azgfd.com/pdfs/h_f/fall_biggame_guidelines.pdf

See if this works. Its also on the front page of the web site. Under proposed. If you scroll down to the bottom they have the PDF links to everything proposed including the Spring 07, Fall 06. And so on.

I think they are going to stick it to us no matter what the surveys say. Unless were lucky and they havent had the chance to change them since the elk survey came out.

I almost forgot. They had a big article in the Tucson papers last week also. I dont remember which section, but thats where they were complaining of the financial problems the drought was bringing to them.

And I just checked again and its all still in there. About 15, Nov Bull hunts. and the 10 day Oct deer seasons are listed, along with a plethera of other changes.

Including cutting the archery deer season dates.

Anyone with any ideas on this????

Shane

the lion season will be closed summer 2007 for months the proclamation has already been printed for this year. the regs you are reading are for the start of big game seasons this fall and running through summer 2007.

Just a reminder that if you are not happy with the proposed changes, please attend the AGFD commission meeting on April 22 and voice your opinion. That is the date that they approve or disapprove the proposed changes to the hunt regulations.

Here is the link to find out the commission schedule and agenda and meeting places.

http://www.gf.state.az.us/inside_azgfd/commission.shtml

Amanda

Amanda, I hate to say this, but even when we get tons of hunters to these meetings, they still seem to go with whatever is good for them. I am surprised we won the debate on changing the elk tags. I honestly think they do this to make us feel like we actually had a chance to change there minds. First it was the spotted kittens, now they want to close it for a while. Next we will be like California. David

I told you so...G&F is beginning to sound more and more like a bunch of hippies. They're more worried about the condors and lilly leapers. Do they not understand the concept of "tag and lisence fees"!!! If they allow predators to increase, HELLLOOOOO!!! Less tag and license sales due to predation. This influx of California fruits and nuts isn't helping either. They already screwed up cali, now they want AZ!

azhuntnut,

Look at the proposed regs. They did not change them from the proposed. There are still a whole bunch of units with Nov archery bull listed . Unless I'm missing something. The idea was to take half of the Sept bull tags double the numbers and put them in Nov?? Well if they were going to follow what the survey said. then why are there still a whole bunch of Nov hunts for archery bull?

I hope I missed something and they said they were going to add the Nov hunts anyway. I really hope that what happened. But havent heard that one yet either. So I have to go with the likleyhood they are going to do whatever they want, does not matter what we think.

Shane

Here is the link again,          http://www.azgfd.com/pdfs/h_f/fall_biggame_guidelines.pdf

See if this works.  Its also on the front page of the web site. Under proposed.  If you scroll down to the bottom they have the PDF links to everything proposed including the Spring 07, Fall 06. And so on.

I think they are going to stick it to us no matter what the surveys say.  Unless were lucky and they havent had the chance to change them since the elk survey came out.

I almost forgot. They had a big article in the Tucson papers last week also.  I dont remember which section, but thats where they were complaining of the financial problems the drought was bringing to them.

And I just checked again and its all still in there.  About 15, Nov Bull hunts. and the 10 day Oct deer seasons are listed, along with a plethera of other changes.

Including cutting the archery deer season dates.

Anyone with any ideas on this????

Shane

The version in the link is from Nov 2005, is there a more current version? I thought based on feedback from Arizona Bowhunters, the proposed were going to change (that happened in Jan-Feb the Nov document wouldn't have those changes).

Redman

Good to hear. I missed that part. Next question. If they have listened why is that one still up? I can only imagine the amount of feedback they are getting from it. I know I've sent in several e-mails. Would make more sense to reword it and repost it.

Or are they just going to leave it as is?? I guess only time will tell.

Shane

Good to hear. I missed that part.  Next question.  If they have listened why is that one still up?  I can only imagine the amount of  feedback they are getting from it.  I know I've sent in several e-mails.  Would make more sense to reword it and repost it.

Or are they just going to leave it as is??  I guess only time will tell.

Shane

Your right it would make sense to put a new one up and only time will tell.

Redman