Sign in to follow this  
DBArcher

Elk in 19A

I was thinking about going scouting this friday for elk, and was wondering if anyone has any info on these elk. I know the densities are low but I know there are a lot of elk there as well. I read the game and fish report and have an idea of where to go in the woodchute. Thanks for any help that you guys can give. If anyone needs help in 21,6A or 6B :) , I would be glad to help.

Thanks Daniel

two seasons ago we found a good group of elk in an area just above copper canyon, on the hills above the new cell phone tower. also found some nice whitetail horns up there. there is a nice tank in a draw on the other side of the ridge above that cell tower which you can drive to. you are right abou the low numbers, but we found around 20-25 elk in that area. we also found elk out on the perkensville road out by the ranch, where you can cross the river into unit 8. this time of year might be a good place to look. to the west of the ranch.

There's no whitetail in 19a.........

I dont know if there are any Whittaill in 19a anymore or not, i really dont spend that much time in 19a since archery deer is no more. the antlers i found in november of 2004 were drops from earlier that year. Hopefully there are still some running around up there somewhere.

two seasons ago we found a good group of elk in an area just above copper canyon, on the hills above the new cell phone tower. also found some nice whitetail horns up there. there is a nice tank in a draw on the other side of the ridge above that cell tower which you can drive to. you are right abou the low numbers, but we found around 20-25 elk in that area.

What he said. . . but I didn't find any sheds . . . . crap!