Azlongears

Couple Happy Hunters

Really nice!!! yes I would like to hear some more details.

Thanks for sharing....great trail cam pictures

The lion in the snow we had been hunting for a couple of years. We had trailed him numerous times in the dirt and just happened to hit his track fresh in the snow. The dogs followed him about 4 miles before he was jumped and treed.

The second lion was in Southern Arizona. We had been hunting an area for a couple weeks and finally caught a break and found a fresh kill. And yes the dead buck is tied to a tree. Otherwise when the lion returns to the kill a lot of times they move the carcass and you don't get pictures on the trail cameras ;) .

The lion left and returned to the kill 6 times during the night, that means there were 12 "trailable tracks" for the dogs to sort thru and pick the right track to follow and catch the lion. And in most the country in Southern Arizona its too rocky to see a track so the dogs get very little help from the houndsmen. This tom went just over a mile and then treed. On both lions we had between 3 and 6 dogs on the ground.

The man hours that go into catching toms like these, between dog training and the hunting of the lions themselves is hard to even imagine. Sure is a rewarding feeling to have it all come together every once in awhile.

Very nice! those are some of the biggest cats I have seen.

Happy hunters is probably an understatement after taking a couple of fine toms like that with archery equipment. And that's a good looking hound. I'd like to see pics of the rest of the pack

Is that Deer tied to that tree with 550 cord????

My question also is that deer tied to the tree?

He explained above that the deer IS tied to the tree to prevent the lion from dragging it off, allowing some cool pics!

awesome ...i noticed the belly too on the second line. Good jobs guys!!