CouesWhitetail

My new Popup Camper

Comfort off the ground will be nice. Are the axles already flipped?

Unfortunately, this trailer doesn't have leaf springs so it can't be flipped. Instead the axle is u-bolted directly to the trailer and I would have to add some sort of spacers. Chris put larger tires on it so I gained 1/2 inch already, but I agree, clearance is a weakness for this trailer. I definitely will not be using it for the majority of my trips because it just can't go where I need to go. So i will still be tenting it A LOT but this will be nice for things like our CW.com Marshall Lake campout, and a few of my less hardcore hunting trips like for squirrel and turkey. I also hope to use it for my owl survey work in the chiricahuas this summer. Hoping to find a place to keep the trailer down there for the summer so I don't have to waste gas hauling it back and forth.

Cool! I still shudder thinking of your husband sleeping wrapped up in plastic like a fish in the deli shelf.... lol

Good for you guys...

Kent

LOL!! thanks for the memory!! I love that one!

Awesome Amanda! Looks like a good one! As you know, I had a pop-up for several years and the kids & I got some good use out of it!

Doug brought-up a good question. You can get a little extra clearance with the axles flipped.

Joeeden also brought-up a VERY good point. Those little suckers really chew the tires up! Check your tires regularly, and carry spares! They are pretty cheap to buy, and you will be happier in the long run (especially on long trips) if you have more than a single spare. A few years ago, I found myself with TWO blow-outs/flats on the way home from our annual Utah camping trip. Luckily, the second one happened just outside of Flagstaff so I was able to run into town for a replacement! ;)

Finally, I found over time that it was nice to be up off of the ground (with a gas stove inside for warmth!), but storage and 'move around/dressing' space can be limited in a pop-up. When the kids and I would go on long trips, I took to putting-up a 4 man dome tent right next to the pop-up to use as a changing/clothing area. Seemed like with four of us in the trailer (even though it was a large Coleman) it just got really crowded with all of our gear, etc.

Either way, I'm sure you two will enjoy it!

Best,

S.

:)

good idea on the extra tent next to the camper. That's what I do when I am on an elk hunt where I sleep in one tent and bring another tent to store gear.

I am also thinking of creating a skirt that would hang down and cover the ends when the beds are extended. Then I can store gear under there and it will keep the beds warmer because the wind won't be blowing under us all night.

I'm happy it went to a good home. And thanks for the replacement sticker!!!

Very cool!!!

To keep your bunk ends warmer buy the heat reflective material. Put it under you mattress and you can hang it up above your bed. It works. And in the summer you flip it the other way and that helps also. They actually sell the tent ends pre made but I would just make my own. Then for the curtain type tho g you are talking about to hang down under the bunk ends. I used the brown tarps with bungi cord Nd did that. I would put my fire wood under it.

Amanda, mcelkhunter had a pop-up very similar to that on. Next week, while sitting around the fire with something cold and sudsy I will tell you about the time he got stuck inside the trailer. It's a good story that has been shared around many campfires by our hunting group.

Amanda, mcelkhunter had a pop-up very similar to that on. Next week, while sitting around the fire with something cold and sudsy I will tell you about the time he got stuck inside the trailer. It's a good story that has been shared around many campfires by our hunting group.

LOL!!! I can't wait for that story!

Ah, the good old days!!