This coyote was taken in the pasture behind my home. I set up along a ditch and my friend Harry got on a coaxer. He came up a fenceline on the first set and I broke both shoulders at thirty yards. Total time of the hunt from the time I walked out the front door ten minutes max.

Ironically Harry called in my first bow killed coyote about 15 years ago.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/big...1-R1-035-16.jpg

Sweet!

Another yote bites the dust :blink:

Awesome archery coyote! I have always wanted one with a bow. I have tried for alot of years and missed alot of opportunities. Congrats! JIM

Thanks guys,

I Have had the fortune of quite a few good opportunities over the years. The few that I have recovered have all had quite a bit of skeletal damage as well as severe internal bleeding. Coyotes have an amazing will to live and I have seen several run out of sight that had broadheads blow through them in what I felt were perfect shots.

looks like a big dog too! nicely done!

i shot one on saturday with my 25-06 and 75grain Vmax. he was 1/4ing to and first shot got him where shoulder and neck meet, big whole and he still got up and ran off! second shot he didnt go anywhere but down! congrats!

looks like a big dog too! nicely done!

i shot one on saturday with my 25-06 and 75grain Vmax. he was 1/4ing to and first shot got him where shoulder and neck meet, big whole and he still got up and ran off! second shot he didnt go anywhere but down! congrats!

What kinda calls are you guys using? Yestarday I orderd a Johnny Stewart Preymaster that comes with 3 digital memory cards that has a total of 12 sounds for me to play with...I cant hardly wait to try it out ;)

Quarter-bore/25-06,

I've been using mouth calls- wooden Arizona Predator Call, or a Circe jackrabbit. I like the tones out of the wooden tube better than the plastic. I have an electronic CD caller, but prefer to use mouth calls for the reason of personal satisfaction.

RR

Quarter-bore/25-06,

I've been using mouth calls- wooden Arizona Predator Call, or a Circe jackrabbit.  I like the tones out of the wooden tube better than the plastic.  I have an electronic CD caller, but prefer to use mouth calls for the reason of personal satisfaction.

RR

I like that Quarter-bore bit :D I'am kinda new at huntin yotes and have called in two with the Circe jackrabbit call (plastic one is what I own) and aint connected yet ;) Hopefully my luck will change :D

both the coyotes i have ever taken have ben called in by Doug. lol i joke with him that maybe one of these days ill actually let him shoot the dog he calls in!