Thanks for all the info Dave and Amanda.

Allen

AZSFW has a position statement that says we are not in support of landowner tags for any species in AZ period. Though I am sure that there are some landowners in the state that are talking about this type of plan there is no formal support or program being talkied about.

I am trying to remember all of the questions...

Regarding the Conservation Force and SFW. As I am aware of there was not formal affiliation between the two. Don Peay did sit on the Conservation Force BOD but he voted against their position. SFW was the largest and Don lobbyed congress heavily in support of the Reid bill which is why we have 10% again.

Allen I thought you knew that any organization that sells any AZ special tag must return 100% of the money raised to habitat work. Even the interest that may be generated from the time of the sale to the time the money is spent must be accounted for and returned to the ground. We cannot deduct and cost of the managing a raffle and must absorb the cost of printing, postage and bank fees. Also, AZSFW does not control a single tag in AZ to begin with.

AZSFW does not charge 10% of any number in order for a club to be a voting member. I honestly can't remember what the number is! I will look it up but wanted to post here first.

Chris Denham

Chris, I didnt want to cause any problems or throw out anything accusational. I appologize if I offended anyone. I do understand about gov. tags, I just dont want lobbying for additional tags that would go to MDF or ADA , I think we have enough around. Secondly with a written position statement from AZSFW showing everyone that landowner tags and additional Gov. tags are not on AZSFW's agenda, many of the questions will stop and full support will be given to AZSFW. I think AZSFW will fill the void on lobbying against things like landowner tags and be heavily involved from here on out in issues that us average joe's just cant help with. The 10% issue recently is just that sort of example. I also hope Pete and everyone continues to keep their eye on the commissioners. I think that we all have seen how the commissioners have the power to ignore the general public and if AZSFW keeps the pressure up, we dont have to rely solely on the commissioners anymore. Thanks................Allen..........

Allen

No problem, I know where you are coming from and if you have questions then there are other people who have the same question but did not ask. It gives us a chance to talk about it.

I know what you are saying regarding the special tags. Just look at Utah, it is ridiculous. I would fight against any system that approaches that one.

Chris

One simple solution would have been to have their position statement regarding landowner tags printing on their membership recruitment brochure that Amanda posted. That could have possibly answered a lot of questions for many. Also if they had included a statement of how they viewed the future advancement of auction tags. So many questions could be answered with just a couple statements.

What I am hearing is that they would be over ran and swamped with support if they would just address those two issues publicly in a statement. What better way to do it than in a promise they make to the ones they are requesting support from?

Just an idea.

Dave

According to the brochure, they are not even asking for a membership fee. How are they going to raise money to do the things they want to do?

You only can see one side of the brochure. On the other side you have the opportunity to make a $20 donation if you wish. I find this commendable in that they will let you join and are not requiring anything.

The only way to support anything that we want to do is to gain the support of all sportsmen in Arizona.

I hope this group can earn the trust of all and gain the support that will be needed in the future to preserve the future of hunting and sound game management.

Each and every one of you are the future of hunting in Arizona. We have to find a way to unite and make our voice known to all.

Dave

Dave et al. I will make sure those position statements are on the website once it is ready to go. Though I did make the decision, if I had, I would not have included any positions statements. I think a membership flyer should be about who you and what you stand for and not about who you are not and what you stand against. That is just my opinion.

I agree Chris. There just seems to be so many hung up on this because of Utah. I wish they all knew the board members.