Sign in to follow this  
1azbowhunter

Best tripod

Im glad i saw this post. Okay im in the market for a new tripod and ive narrowed it down to the outdoorsman or the slik carbon. Which one do you guys think is better?

I have had several over the years and will stick with my Outdoorsmans. It is light and if you want to make it weigh more to make it more stable, do what I do. Carry a large (empty)Crown Royal bag in your pack, add rocks and hang it from your rig and it makes it much more stable. Not sure why someone would say don't recommend. Must be a personal thing.

I don't have an Outdoorsman but they look and feel great. Any tripod can be made quiet with tape, plastic dip (spray can from hardware store), or other creative ways of cutting out noise. You can buy small bags made of netting type material (like divers use) at Walmart and such for weight. They way nothing andare easy to use to hold rocks for weight.

I myself rarely feel I have the time screw with all of this since I want to be mobile if required.

I just got the Outdoorsman medium with the center extension. I was using the slik with the outdoorsman pistol grip last year. I absolutely love the outdoorsman. Hands down the best tripod I've seen.

I have the Promaster C429W tripod and let me tell you this Tripod I can actually stand and shoot my rifle out to 500 yards. If you sit and shoot the you can get out to 800. With binos there is no end to this tripod with NO SHAKE whatsoever even standing and looking through your binos. It is 66" height to it and can handle 13 lbs which my gun weights 18lbs. It can handle a lot more then they say just depends on the head you get. I have the 701 HDV head and In my eyes you can not get any better than this. I researched LOTS of tripods before I got what I have now and yes it is a bit big but if you want to stand and glass then you have to go big so it will not shake. It is all carbon fiber and worth every penny I invested. THEY ARE NOT cheap but if you want the best you do have to spend money IMO. Here is a link for the tripod to check out. Also I got my set up from Cade (TRICLAWPS)and even though he does not offer the one I got he can get any Promaster tripod you would like. Check out his site: http://www.triclawps.com/

Promaster Tripods:

http://www.promaster.com/products.asp?product=4834

Ive owned several different tripods but never an outdoorsmans. After using a buddies on a coues hunt last year i'm definately sold on their product and will definately have one before next season.

Ive owned several different tripods but never an outdoorsmans. After using a buddies on a coues hunt last year i'm definately sold on their product and will definately have one before next season.

I take it you dont mind helping azsfw rip tags away from the citizens of arizona. Buy anything from outdoorsmans and you are helping to damage hunting in arizona forever. Plenty of other tripods that are far superior and half the price. I would ask that you and anyone else in the market look into what the outdoorsmans owner tried to do to hunters in arizona. This goes far beyond an average boycott.

• Like 1

I take it you dont mind helping azsfw rip tags away from the citizens of arizona. Buy anything from outdoorsmans and you are helping to damage hunting in arizona forever. Plenty of other tripods that are far superior and half the price. I would ask that you and anyone else in the market look into what the outdoorsmans owner tried to do to hunters in arizona. This goes far beyond an average boycott.

Apparently you know something I dont. Im not much for research, please give me/us a cliff note version.

What are you talking about? Not sure what that means! Don't know the guys over there but the tripod kicks butt. My friend had one and after seeing it out in the field I had to get one. The guy that helped me seemed to be really cool. Like I said I don't know what your talking about, but if it works I will use it.

Just read the overview of there website. Seems like there trying to keep landowner tags out of AZ, and protecting state trust land. So what are they doing thats hurting us hunters in AZ. Don't have time to research every issue or topic so fill us in.