Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

For All You Lucky Tag Holders!

When I plug in the HD into my laptop now, it opens up fine and works, but shows that it's empty with no folders or files, and 500 GB of space ready to use! Is there a chance that everything is still on there?? I don't see how, before it had over 460 GB of stuff on it and I was needing to buy a new HD because this one was almost full. Now it says it's got 500 GB available, so I'm guessing it got wiped clean when my PC crashed the last time.

My best amateur guess is it's gone unless those files are showing up on your PC trash folder. Sounds like either the drive was (re)initialized or evereything inadvertently dumped on your crash. It stinks either way.

Those bulls you posted are some pigs for sure! Oink Oink. I don't think I'm holding out for anything in that class--probably spike and up for me ;)

Best of luck to you and your clients this fall!

Thanks!

Like Casey said earlier, I've had a problem in the past with my old computer crashing but I always felt safe having the external HD backing everything up. I thought those things were bullet proof but I guess not!

Absolute Yeti ball draggers. Keep up the good work. Good luck with your clients this year.

Now that's hilarious! I've gotta remember that one, sounds like a good name for the next beast we find!

I wouldn't think your computer crashing would cause the external hard drive to delete data, or re-format itself? It usually takes a command input from the user to the OS to take such an action. But then I am not a computer whiz.

Is the external hard drive designation letter the same as it was before?

Hopefully it is fixable for you.

When I plug in the HD into my laptop now, it opens up fine and works, but shows that it's empty with no folders or files, and 500 GB of space ready to use! Is there a chance that everything is still on there?? I don't see how, before it had over 460 GB of stuff on it and I was needing to buy a new HD because this one was almost full. Now it says it's got 500 GB available, so I'm guessing it got wiped clean when my PC crashed the last time.

My best amateur guess is it's gone unless those files are showing up on your PC trash folder. Sounds like either the drive was (re)initialized or evereything inadvertently dumped on your crash. It stinks either way.

Those bulls you posted are some pigs for sure! Oink Oink. I don't think I'm holding out for anything in that class--probably spike and up for me ;)

Great video, gets me all pumped for my 2nd 7w tag in a row...... @ afteratag " get in line for Manny" he is the best caller I know!

Whitey

Just because the drive shows nothing on it doesn't mean it is all gone. Unless you do specific types of formatting old data is still on the drive. There are various programs out their designed to access and recover lost data assuming the hard drive itself did not fail. Just do a Google search for data recovery and do your research.

Just because the drive shows nothing on it doesn't mean it is all gone. Unless you do specific types of formatting old data is still on the drive. There are various programs out their designed to access and recover lost data assuming the hard drive itself did not fail. Just do a Google search for data recovery and do your research.

Thanks, I'll definitely look further into it! I just figured since it's a 500GB HD, and it's now showing that I have 500GB of storage available that it must've been wiped clean somehow. It did have over 460GB worth of video and pics stored before!

Great video, gets me all pumped for my 2nd 7w tag in a row...... @ afteratag " get in line for Manny" he is the best caller I know!

Whitey

Manny's gonna go family first and then roll down the list with you guys....AND, that's only if my clients don't wave enough cash in his face and get him to hunt elsewhere! I do know he'll hunt with family first so we are all outta luck until he fills those tags! And yes, nobody can do a lip bawl bugle like Manny!

No one can do it like manny......i learned so much from him on my father inlaws hunt in the 7w two years ago and now i got one........i think we are long lost cousins does that put me hire up on the list

Awww I feel Special!!!! hahah you guys need to get out more and you'll see I actually suck. :P Just get lucky a lot!! Gonna be a tuff year with 5 tags to fill!!! but it's gonna be fun!!!!

Manny

Awww I feel Special!!!! hahah you guys need to get out more and you'll see I actually suck. :P Just get lucky a lot!! Gonna be a tuff year with 5 tags to fill!!! but it's gonna be fun!!!!

Manny

I never said you were good :rolleyes: just that nobody can lip bawl bugle like you ;) I left the part out about me teaching you everything you know ;) LOL!

Yikes!! One of those bulls doesnt happen to be in Unit 27, does it?!

Thanks for getting me all jacked up!

Jeff

Manny is the best "milk dud" eater in the state!

LOL! He wishes he got the "milk dud"!!!! :P :lol:

Sorry Jeff, no 27 bulls in that list, I'm sure there's 1 or 2 similar bulls over there tho ;)

Dozer...... better stick around till I draw a tag :)

Hopefully I can come across a few that look like that my pops finally drew a Rut hunt.

Thanks for sharing Jim as if I am not sitting here thinking about Elk already