Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

Unit 35A Gould's, where to look?

I am sitting here with 8 bonus points and no Gould's tag, but a friend of mine drew one in Unit 35A this year with 4 points. Since sooner or later I am going to draw one of these tags, I agreed to go with him on his hunt.

Problem is neither of us has hunted that unit before.

I see a number of folks I know who have drawn this tag in the past and if it isn't some major breach of turkey etiquette, if anyone has any advice on where we should go to do some pre-season scouting, I would like to here it.

Post here on give me a call @928-303-9481.

His hunt starts on the 27th, I heading there on the 23rd.

Oh I do have a San Carlos tag, and after I agreed to go with him I learned that the dates for that hunt have changed (April 20-May 6). However a friend comes first, so I'm hoping to find him a bird in a couple of days, then I'll head up to San Carlos.

Thanks, and we can sure exchange info for info. You got a big game hunt up north in my neck of the woods I'll be glad to give you info on where to go in exchange for some good turkey info.

Don Martin

Heard one gobbling down there the other night, but basically they are everywhere. All the canyons on the south side of the mountains hold turkeys.

Thanks to all who responded here, and sent me pm's. Really appreciate it! I've got a ton of points so I's due someday soon.

Let you all know how we do.

Don Martin