Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

This one spooked me while walking.

Shot this one while tracking a coues last year. I had never seen a Coti in the wild. In fact I though it was a badger until Game and Fish told me he was a Kudamundi. He was walking away from me at about 30 yards. popped him with a rem. 150gr 30-06 and he still turned around and put up a fight for a min.

Now....I know that this is the classic "take a picture at an angle to make him look bigger" position (which we did)....however, he was in fact pretty big! I put my boot/leg next to his head to show some proportion. I bleached the skull and keep it as a table peice at the distain of my wife.

post-8413-0-45424800-1336681936_thumb.jpg

Good looking critter, if I remember correctly you can only shoot one per year unless the rules have changed.

Good looking critter, if I remember correctly you can only shoot one per year unless the rules have changed.

Ya that is something I will need to look up. I got a couple of game cameras in this area now and they are always popping up now but this was the only one I have ever see in daylight.

thats a nice one, i cant wait to get one to put on the wall

That is correct, you can only shoot one per year. Nice lookin coati

• Like 1

Congratulations on your coati. I know where there are a few near the valley but don't know that I actually want to shoot one. Looks like you got a nice one. :)

TJ

also I think there is a season.... runs with bobcat I believe.

James

also I think there is a season.... runs with bobcat I believe.

James

Sept-March -Commission Order #14 AZ G&F ....Basically the non-gestational period