I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to pick em' up but I'll have em' on the wall tomorrow!

It's been a long time since I killed the buck I named "Sticks" and because I loved being able to hold the skull I've waited to have him mounted. Recently, while at my buddy Bret's shop, we decided it was time to get em' on the wall!

Here's the link to the story of my hunt: http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11348&hl=sticks

I was wanting something cool done with him so we decided on a pedestal form with a wall mounted base (so that my wife's cat can't get to it!)

It was hard staying away while he worked on the mount, but I managed to stop by and bug him a couple times! Because Sticks had a huge cape and the fact I wanted his head a certain way, Bret had to make a bunch of alterations to the form but in the end he nailed it as usual! Bret did an amazing job and spent a ton of time on all the fine details that you can only see up close in person! The base turned out incredible and the pictures don't do it justice at all! He even built the base material up into the back of the deer to tie it all in and made the deer movable on the base so he swivels and is removable! I'm very excited to finally get him on the wall and can't thank Bret enough for doing such a great job!

Here's some pics from the start....

This is before most of the time consuming form alterations took place...

Sticks8_edited-1.jpg

This is right after he finished sewing up the hide and is fine tuning the positioning..

Sticks14_edited-1.jpg

Sticks12_edited-1.jpg

Now test fitting him on the unfinished base and working the hide..

Sticks16_edited-1.jpg

Sticks11_edited-1.jpg

Finishing the base..

Sticks2.jpg

Sticks3.jpg

Sticks4.jpg

Finished product!

Sticks7_edited-1.jpg

Sticks6.jpg

Sticks1_edited-1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking mount. Looks like alot of time was spent on the pedestal and it shows. The sticks behind him are spot on for that 12aw late hunt.

I found another pic that I had on my cell phone which better illustrates just how big bodied Sticks actually was and how big the mount is. In the pic you can see the good sized buck on the left and how much bigger bodied Sticks was! They grow em' big on the 'Bab!

Stickscomp2_edited-1.jpg

I found another pic that I had on my cell phone which better illustrates just how big bodied Sticks actually was and how big the mount is. In the pic you can see the good sized buck on the left and how much bigger bodied Sticks was! They grow em' big on the 'Bab!

Stickscomp2_edited-1.jpg

Now your just showing off......my buck is bigger than your buck :D . Just kidding! That buck is a lot like hot chick! I didn't notice anything but the RACK! ;) Huge congrats on that buck again and the mount looks great!

That is one of the neatest mounts I've ever seen. Great job and congratulations again on a truely awesome buck. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Beautiful work of art! Amazing deer too B)

That looks awesome!! He looks alot like the buck my dad shot this year on the kaibab in 12aW. Maybe same genetics? What do you think?post-3307-0-67456200-1336835605_thumb.jpg

Nice looking mount. Looks like alot of time was spent on the pedestal and it shows. The sticks behind him are spot on for that 12aw late hunt.

Thanks! I made a special trip up north specifically looking for branches to replicate the area where I killed the buck on the lower west side of 12aw. I also think it is spot on and glad you do as well! Thanks again! JIM>

"Now your just showing off......my buck is bigger that your buck :D . Just kidding! That buck is a lot like hot chick! I didn't notice anything but the RACK! ;) Huge congrats on that buck again and the mount looks great!"

Thanks trophyhntr! I definitely wasn't trying to compare, just am so amazed at the sheer size of the body on those Kaibab bucks and that pic really illustrates that! Sorry to the guy who's buck is pictured in that photo, wasn't tryin' to compare racks! LOL!

That looks awesome!! He looks alot like the buck my dad shot this year on the kaibab in 12aW. Maybe same genetics? What do you think?post-3307-0-67456200-1336835605_thumb.jpg

I remember reading about your dad's buck and thinking it had similar characteristics! Narrow and straight up with great tine length that not only is very eye catching but sure stretches the tape for those interested in score! I'm sure there may be some shared genetics there, congrats to your dad again on a great buck! JIM>

Great buck Jim. It looks like maybe Bret isn't working out of his garage anymore. I really like any mount that Bret does.

Keven

I remember reading about your dad's buck and thinking it had similar characteristics! Narrow and straight up with great tine length that not only is very eye catching but sure stretches the tape for those interested in score! I'm sure there may be some shared genetics there, congrats to your dad again on a great buck! JIM>

Yes very eye catching. The more i look at yours the more i see the similarities. Take a look at those eye guards too. both very small considering the rest of his antlers. I just love looking at those big kaibab bucks!! I just hope someday I can draw that tag. Even though I was just there to help my dad, it was definitely the most amazing hunt I have been on. I clicked on that link to the story of your hunt and read your story again. It was like I was there it was written so well. Those pictures with your deer look a lot like the country we were in also. I bet they are from the same genes.

"Now your just showing off......my buck is bigger that your buck :D . Just kidding! That buck is a lot like hot chick! I didn't notice anything but the RACK! ;) Huge congrats on that buck again and the mount looks great!"

Thanks trophyhntr! I definitely wasn't trying to compare, just am so amazed at the sheer size of the body on those Kaibab bucks and that pic really illustrates that! Sorry to the guy who's buck is pictured in that photo, wasn't tryin' to compare racks! LOL!

Your buck is famous! When you posted your story a long time ago, I was telling my brother about this guide on a hunting forum that I frequent...yada..yada,,yada..killed a huge buck and called it Sticks! Well you have a family member that teaches because my nephew was telling us that his teacher had told the story about Sticks. All the kids that hunt were talking about it and gocking over a cell phone pic! Maybe one day I will have a famous buck!