Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

Crawdad trap

anyone in Tucson have a crawdad trap I could borrow for a couple days next week? please let me know and thanks. Chris.

Nobody in Tucson lends things to Sundevil fans! ;) Kidding.................

I used to have a homemade one I built out wire mesh. Followed the instructions off the internet. I took it to the white mountains, put a hotdog in it. Left it in the lake overnight and caught 2 scrawny crawdads. I had everyone pumped up about the big crawdad feast we were going to have. :wacko:

"Nobody in Tucson lends things to Sundevil fans" ... I was thinking the same thing!

But Walmart and Sportsmens both have them and they are not very expensive.

Where you headed? If you are coming through Eagar I have a couple you can borrow......

Thx 7. I will not be coming that far east. I appreciate the offer. Chris.

Chris, we have a couple you can use, but not planning any trips to Tucson anytime soon. The traps work OK, but there are better options. My favorite is a cheap hairnet. Tie some strings on the edge so it closes some when pulled up. Then put a small piece of bacon in the middle. Wrap some of the net around the bacon and zip tie it closed so the little thieves don't take the bacon. This should give you buckets of mud bugs. Good luck and enjoy your trip.