Sign in to follow this  
JIM WHITE

NEW ADAPTER BY JIM WHITE

HI ALL:

I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW I'VE COME OUT WITH A NEW TRIPOD ADAPTER, I CALL IT THE "DUAL MOUNT" IT WORKS THE SAME AS MY UNIVERSAL FRONT MOUNT ADAPTER BUT, THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU CAN MOUNT A SMALL DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA ON TOP OF YOUR BINOCULARS USING A SMALL SLIK BALL HEAD, WHILE ON A TRIPOD. IT IS WORKING VERY WELL. I USED A SONY 60 X ZOOM DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA. YOU GET THE EXACT SAME IMAGE THRU YOU BINOS AS YOU DO THRU THE CAMERA. SO IF YOUR'RE OUT GLASSING, SEE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO VIDEO, JUST HIT THE RECORD BUTTON AND YOU ARE RECORDING THE SAME IMAGE AS YOU SEE THRU YOUR 10 OR 15 POWER GLASS.AMANDA, WILL POST SOME PICTURES HERE AS SOON AS SHE GETS TIME.

THANK YOU, TAKE CARE

JIM WHITE

Hi Jim ,how is the weather up in your part of the world ? You need to post a picture of your item seems like alot of people on here like to see pics of new items for sale.

Mark N.

Here are some pics:

The adapter allows you to attach things like a range finder, spotting scope or video camera to your binos so that you can quickly have the same field of view for them and your binos. Pretty neat gadget!

They will be for sale on CW.com soon and the cost is $65 for the one with the slik ball head with no quick shoe system and $69 for a ball head with a quick shoe system.

If you already have a ball head like these, you can also just get the adatper alone and save some money that way.

post-1-0-90048900-1338906790_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-71332500-1338906822_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-43769000-1338906826_thumb.jpg

How well will that hold a heavy spotting scope? Like I have the Leica Televid 77 APO... Its a big, honkin heavy scope will it hold it just fine? How much 'sighting in' is needed to get them to see the same place?

HELLO MR/ CASEY:

NO, I WOULD NOT SUGGEST A HEAVY, BIG SPOTTING SCOPE, THIS ADAPTER WORKS BEST WITH SMALLER LIGHTWEIGHT ACCESSORIES.

TAKE CARE

JIM WHITE

So how/where does this mount to the bino's? On one photo it looks like it is in the back and in the other photo looks like the front.

• IT MOUNTS TO THE FRONT, USING THE TAPPED HOLE WHERE ALL OTHER ADAPTERS MOUNT, IN MY POST I SAID, IT IS THE SAME AS MY UNIVERSAL "FRONT MOUNT" ADAPTER.

THANKS

JIM WHITE

• Like 1

Is the slik the only one that will work? I have a small Bogen ball head that has never been used can I make that work?

Jim I answere this on my phone but I guess it did not go through. I use it on a tripod interchangebaly with my JW head so i am sure it should work. I will watch for them to go on sale on the site.

Thanks!