Sign in to follow this  
lonne

Bear Pics

I have been following this site and forum for a long time, it is awesome...

Hunted deer and elk a few times love it, last year started looking for bear. It has been a real challenge so far.

Finally after lots of time on the feet hiking into some really tough places, got these pics...

Cannot tell if it is the same bear, or different bears? Also the one looking at the cam definitely looks like a boar. Mean to stand in the same place as the bear standing and find out how tall it is, but guess I will have to do that on my next long hike out as I missed doing that this weekend...

Any thoughts? Are they the same bear? Different? Male and a female, or two males?

post-8714-0-87251600-1339379489_thumb.jpg

post-8714-0-51629000-1339379518_thumb.jpg

post-8714-0-22772100-1339379534_thumb.jpg

post-8714-0-00585700-1339379550_thumb.jpg

Definitely young bears with long ears, long legs, and narrow feet. I think it could be the same bear based on the brown muzzle and shade of hair color.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the pics. They are really good. :)

TJ

the continues to grow, as it does the ears move down on the sides and farther apart, if you see a bear that looks like Alfred E. Newman then you best shoot him........

Thanks all! If I can get to the point where I can actually see a bear in the wild I'll do my best to size him up properly and if he/she appears small and I can determine if it is a female I'll do my best to leave it alone...still working on this part. :-)