Sign in to follow this  
dudley

Need Advice!

Hey guys so Im in a bit of a delima. Last year i found what i would say is a steller spot. Unfortenetly, when i took down my cam to pull pics some guy went up and set up his cam and a stand. So it was taken. I went up yesterday to set up my stuff so i could use it this year, but what do you know his stuff from last year was there. still had his stand in the same tree (all torn up and weather). it is a small area where the animals just use as an opening. My question is what do you think i should do? put my own stuff up or just leave it for him and hope to find another spot as good? Sadly, because of work and school loading me down i wont have as much time to scout and hunt this year so thats why it is worring me. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about his stuff, just because he left it there all year does not reserve the spot for him this yr. first come first serve. Maybe try to leave your info on his stand and try to work something out with whoever it is. Good luck!

The G&F rules are "FIRST COME FIRST SERVED" if you get there before he does you get the spot.

Thanks guys! I plan on going up this weekend and putting up a cam and salt, do you think I should put up my own stand or just sit the one there? If I chose to hunt that area?

Thanks guys! I plan on going up this weekend and putting up a cam and salt, do you think I should put up my own stand or just sit the one there? If I chose to hunt that area?

If you want to error on the side of politness use your own. if you can set it in a good spot.

Call the forest service and let them know you have the location of an abandoned tree stand, and they need to come remove it. That way it is not you doing the removing...

If you want to error on the side of politness use your own. if you can set it in a good spot.

+1

Hey guys so Im in a bit of a delima. Last year i found what i would say is a steller spot. Unfortenetly, when i took down my cam to pull pics some guy went up and set up his cam and a stand. So it was taken. I went up yesterday to set up my stuff so i could use it this year, but what do you know his stuff from last year was there. still had his stand in the same tree (all torn up and weather). it is a small area where the animals just use as an opening. My question is what do you think i should do? put my own stuff up or just leave it for him and hope to find another spot as good? Sadly, because of work and school loading me down i wont have as much time to scout and hunt this year so thats why it is worring me. Thanks.

I have the same thing going on, guys treestand been there for 3 years now at the bottom of a pinch point where a now dry spring runs down there after the rain and heavy trails leading to it. this year he had no cam set so I went about 1/4 mile down from his and set a cam.... now he has a feeder (with a timer) set out with his trail cam. what can you do????? I have a couple other spots so no too worried. Always have a couple of back up spots! Maybe leave a note and trade info or work out a schedule of when he/you will be there to hunt.

James