Sign in to follow this  

Unit 4B Rifle Tag

I am curious if anyone has had this tag? If so, what kind of buck can you expect to see? I have a friend that drew this tag and he has never hunted 4B. He plans on scouting a bunch, and already has found some good bucks that look to be in the high 70's, low 80's. I am planning on helping him on his hunt and wondered if any of you guys have any areas to look at or avoid. Any input is appreciated.

Checkout Badlands Custom Taxidermy on Facebook. Those guys are from Joe City and spend a bunch of time out on those flats. They would likely be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your input. I passed the info on to my friend and he should be contacting them soon. I think I am almost as excited as he is about his antelope tag.

It should be a great hunt I had the archery tag last year lots of bucks in the 60s and 70s we saw 2 that would go 80 to 82 and one we thought was pushing 90+!!!!!!! Get off the beating path and you will find some good ones

This is a great unit for a fun hunt. My recommendation would be to shoot the first buck you think will go over 80. I know there are probably a few that will go over 80 in the unit but I would not expect much above 84-85. I had the tag in 2001 and killed an 82 2/8 net buck and in 2010 I assisted a friend from New Mexico and we killed an 81 4/8 buck. The funny thing is we could of killed the 81" buck the first thing in the morning on opening day but we elected to pass. We passed up well over a dozen bucks throughout the day and ended up going back to the first buck of the morning. We did not kill him that night but the next morning.

Good Luck

post-3635-0-54487700-1342538286_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-81898600-1342538339_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey this is Badlands Custom Taxidermy. Look up Dustin Fish's number on our blog which is www.couesaddiction.blogspot.com and he can point you in the right direction. You can contact me via facebook as well.

Thanks,

T.C. Fish