ACTS_238

Where will you be huntin Elk?

6A mid-September archery for me; same unit for my oldest mid-October for the youth cow rifle.

Did some scouting last weekend during and between rain storms. Not too encouraging but we'll be back up in a couple weeks.

First post, long time follower of the website. I am excited to be hunting bull elk during the September archery season in Unit 6A.

September 5a archery bull. Getting close!

Ditto. Same hunt. Good luck.

That is such a fun hunt, good luck!!

First post, long time follower of the website. I am excited to be hunting bull elk during the September archery season in Unit 6A.

Congrats on your Hunt and your first post.

6A mid-September archery for me; same unit for my oldest mid-October for the youth cow rifle.

Did some scouting last weekend during and between rain storms. Not too encouraging but we'll be back up in a couple weeks.

The pictures I posted from my game camera were from 6A if you want to get the blood flowing.

Thanks Ready2hunt,

It really is a blast of a hunt in one of my favorite places in the world.

That is such a fun hunt, good luck!!

I'll be hunting under a new moon in the third week of sept with the best guide in the state, that just happens to be my brother.And we'll be in our favorite unit 10.Will be the first time we've got to hunt together since he started guiding.

The pictures I posted from my game camera were from 6A if you want to get the blood flowing.

That bull with the target on his shoulder sure is nice. Hopefully you can get on him first morning and spend the rest of your hunt with your feet up and a cold one in hand. Nice pics for your first set up ever!

I hung my first camera ever too on Saturday. I'll be up before long to see what kind of results I got. Hopefully more than 450 pictures of a squirrel. We saw a handful of cows/calves but not one bull. The rain was coming down hard for the day we were there so we couldn't cover as much ground as I wanted to. Good sign in some areas. Not much in others. I know some hunters would rather go home empty but I'd be happy with a nubby little spike. I just want to get on the board!

Unit 22 sept archery, 55 more days.

Hey JIM

Be sure to post some pictures...I consider myself a decent hunter and love that unit however I assisted my brother on a late rifle 22 hunt a few years ago and got a big slice of humble pie....only say 5 elk 1 bull and never got a shot haha. Guess that's what memories are made of

I'll hopefully be sitting behind the glass on the lucky few who were able to draw elk tags. With any luck at all I'll be putting some heavy quarters on my back and helping with the work!

Also, I'm going to be at the CWT ladies hunting camp and hopefully help on getting a lady on a deer in the unit I'm scouting pretty hard since it's close to my new home.

Good luck to all those with tags and good eyes to those helping out!