Ahh yes, feels like Xmas eve. Since I'm now a non-res, I don't expect much, but the heightened anticipation is still there. It's like the lottery I guess, it's nice to dream about what will happen if they pick your number, but I'm not counting on it.

Put in for cow elk for the first time ever in hopes of getting that maybe. If nothing else, I really want a Dec. Couse tag or a bull or cow elk tag for my boy. If that would happen, I'd be immensely satisfied. If I get drawn, I'm transfering the tag over to him anyway, so all I need is one out of 6 applications to draw!

Negative.......you wont see credit card hits until after draw......how am I a know it all?

I did not draw a spring turkey tag this year, boo hoo, anyway, shortly after the draw I got on the AZGFD website and looked at the leftover turkey tags. Low and behold there were leftover turkey tags in my first choice unit....................."how can this happen?" you ask. Well.................I called the AZGFD and asked.

After the draw, they start hitting your card, some peoples cards expired, or they didnt have enough money (debit card). so rather than going to another applicant, that permit goes into the second draw. This is exactly what I was told.

Makes sense though if you really think about it. Its better to have a second draw and give you a "pink slip" than to give it to you on the first time around just because some broke d@!# got the tag (or didnt get it).

you will not see CC hits before the draw in Arizona and this guessing is all part of the tradition, do you want to guess Michael? Do you have a possible tag at stake?

BTW, my statement a few posts ago is nutt'n but the truth :angry:

I had the same thing happen to me muleybull, I was a little hot under the collar. I still think that they should allot the tag to the next guy in line.

Right on AZPACKHORSE & MULEYBULL!!!!!!!!!!

Packhorse, check out my post right above you. I explained it exaclty as it was explained to me. Guess we'll se how it goes this round.

Plus guys, dont get to excited to draw a tag.........I dont care how many bonus points you have. I'm full of good stuff. I drew a trophy archery elk tag last year as my third choice................thats right...........third choice..............if you think if full of it...............think again.............third choice.........................just a couple of bonus points.................beat out some friends of mine with 8+ bonus points that applied for this hunt first choice.

That is crazy, I didnt know that about the AZ draw. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

yes I have max points for DB sheep!!! I want another so bad. I had one in Utah a few years ago and killed a nice ram. I would also like a Dec WT tag. heck I would like any WT tag.

I beleive it muleybull, it's all in when your number comes up. You obviously were extremely close the very front of the draw process. They will draw your first choice and if it's not available they go your 2nd and so on. It has more to do with luck than a science for sure. I drew a rifle antelope tag with 1 point, just because my number came up early, nutt'n else. The max point pools are becoming so saturated that the chances are becoming near to equal for people with hardly any points........................that's my guess anyways.

Yeah, I feel better with more points, but it don't really matter as much as it used to. Everyone now has 1-2 points for everything. I drew a rifle Lope tag with 1 point and a archery Lope tag with 1 point, yet I didn't draw a unit 33 October tag last year and two other times since 2001.

I got a question for one o'them know all fellas, just what exactly is max points for a species? I heard it a lot, how many points do you have for sheep Michael? Aint pick'n on ya, just curious if there is sucha thing.

Packhorse, check out my post right above you. I explained it exaclty as it was explained to me. Guess we'll se how it goes this round.

Plus guys, dont get to excited to draw a tag.........I dont care how many bonus points you have. I'm full of good stuff. I drew a trophy archery elk tag last year as my third choice................thats right...........third choice..............if you think if full of it...............think again.............third choice.........................just a couple of bonus points.................beat out some friends of mine with 8+ bonus points that applied for this hunt first choice.

Hmmm, I don't see how that is possible. Third thru 5th choices are a COMPLETELY different drawing that starts anew for any leftover tags after the first draw. The first draw considers ONLY 1st and 2nd choices. So if the guys had the unit you drew as their 1st choice and all the tags weren't accounted for before their number was pulled, they would have had to draw one. IOW, as long as anyone has the 1st or 2nd choice for a unit, there is NO way they wouldn't be drawn if there are tags left to go into the 2nd draw. About the only way they wouldn't get a tag if their CC was bad. -TONY

Tell it to the fishcops..................worked out to my benefit.

To step it up a notch..................another buddy of mine drew a 12A west late hunt third choice. I know this because we made fun of the fishcops while we compared copies of our applications. If you remember, last year you had to send a hardcopy to AZGFD, so we all made copies before they hit the mail.

Like I said, if you think I'm full of it, think again.................support your local game and fish officer. Also I heard it helps you get drawn if you donate money even if unsuccessful.................donate the max amount to be sure.