Seems the G&F could save a lot of heartache and probably alot of money too if they would stop farming out the draw process to outside sources.

Hire a team of programmers to come in and set up the system in house. Once up and running, the programmers would not be needed full time, just before and during the draws to make sure everything is running smoothly.

It would be an additional expense upfront, but would pay for itself over time because they would not have to pay the fee to the 3rd party twice a year.

And to keep the annual server melt down from happening during the last few days of application acceptance, they should break up the app period. Example- Those with birthdates in an even year would apply during such and such dates, those born in an odd year will apply during other dates. Party apps would go by the first hunter on the app. I know they are splitting the draw up next year, with elk and antelope first, so maybe that alone would be enough to lighten the server load.

Arizona is rumorred to being very close to posting draw results for the

2006 Fall Draw. They are not posted as of 10:45 am on 07/13, but a little bird says

they might post as early as 5 pm today.

THIS IS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED!! CROSS YOUR FINGERS IT'S TRUE!!

this is the worst time of year.....

The wait kills me...

Desertbull,

I think that's what they are trying do to having the elk & antelope early next year. I wish they would go ahead and have everything early that a way guy could plan on doing something else if they wanted to.Like

book a hunt in Mexico :D

desertsheep

I swear that the anticipation level is as bad if not worse than the anticipation I get the night before opening day!!!! Good luck to you all in the draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 Fall Draw. They are not posted as of 10:45 am on 07/13, but a little bird says

I hope that little bird is right :D

if i remember correctly doesnt g&f change the recording to something to the effect of " the draw results have been processed and are now being loaded into the database, the draw results will be availiable on......." that usually comes a couple of days prior to the release. my guess is after 5 either on the 19th or the 21st!!!

Well the one thing on the positive side right now is that we all still have high hopes about getting drawn, once it happens some of us will have the not drawn syndrome.

Hey Triesgo,

If that is the same birdie as last year we could be in business!

:D

They are not coming out tonight. The game and fish can't do anything right. Wait I may have just lost my bull elk tag by saying that. The game and fish is the BEST.

They are not coming out tonight. The game and fish can't do anything right. Wait I may have just lost my bull elk tag by saying that. The game and fish is the BEST.

BCOOVER - We have no record of your application. There is a $20 charge for attempting to use the system without a valid application. To have the charges withdrawn form your checking account, push any key now, or simply hang up. Thank you for calling the Arizona Game and Fish Department.

I have a friend that knows a guy who has a sister, her friends second cousin was told by their best friends husband that the draw results would be out very very soon. HA HA

OK I'll come clean, thats all true except the part that I have a friend.

This time of seasonis the worst. The waiting to see what the results part.

Terry

Now that is just messin' with our emotions, settin' us up for a let down dude! I now have the "shakes" and my vision is blurred and I'm walking in circles, I always lose it right about now every year, only to finally hit that downward spiral when I hear......"YOU WERE NOT DRAWN FOR.........."! JIM>