COOSEFAN

A couple more Elk video pics

This is a bull my brother, Matt, found two years ago and found him again last year. We had em' ........ then he disappeared! He was one of two bulls we wanted for the Raffle tag holder last year and he disappeared about two weeks before the hunt. We figured he went south and still couldn't relocate him, BUT I just found out we didn't go far enough south! If anyone wants to see a great video, check out the new "Awesome archery bulls 2" video that just came out, this bull is on there and they almost got him! I'll be honest and say I was happy the hunter didn't get him, but he did get a different monster bull. I think he is still alive (hopefully) and hope he shows back up! For the record, I don't know who named him first, but my bro named him "Willy", as in Free Willy because of his huge "whale tails", and the other guys named him "Topper", for similar reasons. Thanks, JIM>

Willy.jpg

Willy2.jpg

Willy3.jpg

what a monster. Thanks for posting this pic. maybe you will get lucky and draw a tag and have some more pics of him and you in the picture...............hope you draw......Allen............

Hey Allen, my first two choices were for this unit, BUT the bad thing is, even if I drew the archery tag, there will still be several hunters allowed to hunt earlier, and if this bull is still alive, they will probably get a chance at him. I know there are bigger ones out there and hopefully they hold out for those! We will see! JIM>

Dang, another record-book bull from unit 45. I wonder what he looks like this year with the drier winter and spring. Have you been able to relocate him this summer?

RR

Yeah Doug, unit 45 has some awesome genetics for huge bull elk :P No, we haven't found him yet, but haven't hit that area hard yet. He was supposedly seen several times by a buddy in late February, still sporting his antlers, but then disappeared again. We believe he moves out of unit 45 for a while every year and then returns with his new set of antlers around summer time. There are a couple other "bad boys" that made it through the hunts and as soon as I get some pics, I'll post em'. It was drier this year, but there is still some amazing growth taking place DOWN there.....in unit 45. ;) JIM>

Heck of a bull. Can't wait to see what he looks like this year. Keep us posted Jim.

Actually his fronts are pretty decent, Good eyeguards, decent 2nds and 3rds. I would estimate that bull around 370-380". Beautiful!@!

This bull is a deceiving bull to score. His fronts appear smaller than they actually are because of the curve up. This bull scores more than he appears becasue he "rolls the tape" everywhere. Alot of curves and those huge G5's make up for what he lacks down low. He is actually a 390+ bull and is believed to be bigger by other guys who have filmed him and would know alot better than I about scoring bulls on the hoof. I personally don't care what he scores, I just wanted to put my hands on him because of how beautiful his rack is. I love big tops on bulls! This bull had some buddies that he ran with and had a considerably larger body size than the others, so that has to be taken into consideration when field scoring also. I hope we get to see him again.........hopefully alive! Thanks for the replys, JIM>

Check out the new "Awesome Archery Bulls 2" video to see this bull "hard-horned", I think he looks more impressive without velvet.