Sign in to follow this  
coues7

Gunsmith in Tucson

I got a new 300 Win and the thing kicks like a mule......I'm needing a muzzle break.....this gun is brand new so I'd someone who knows what they are doing.

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS????

Thanks in advance

Ditto - they can also put on a new and better recoil pad. My buddy has his 300 weatherby done and he said between the muzzle break and the recoil it was much more pleasant to shoot. CB

I would have to disagree with you guys. That Harry Lawson brake has got to be the worst junk I have ever come in contact with. I would go see Dave at Murphys...ask him to put a VIAS muzzle break on your gun. They are the best. KDF is also good but it is for sure the loudest.

If you would like to shoot my 300 RUM, I would be happy to let you try my VIAS out. I assure you that you will like this a lot better that 1920 polished POS.

I live here in Tucson and if you email me I would be happy to meet you.

Putting a good pad like a Sims SVL or Pachmyer Decelerator will help a lot.

I am not a fan of the muzzle brakes due to the blast and noise, but if you gotta have one, the Vias is one of the best. Wear hearing protection at all times. A friend shot a 300 winny with a brake 4 times in the field, and his ears rang for two months.

I have three 300's and only have good pads on them, no brakes allowed.

RR

I'm no expert on gunsmiths here in Tucson and I can't suggest one over another. However, my brother called Murphy's to get a new recoil pad put on his .300 and they said it would take 2 weeks. I have no idea how long it would take for a muzzle break.

Murphy's is the best in town, they are always a couple weeks out before they can get to your rifle. Mr. Murphy himself is a coues freak and a hounddogger :angry: I would just let them do the work.

If you can't make up your mind, check them both out. I personally know a rifle shooter (he's at the range 3 to 4 times a week) uses Joe exclusivly. Joe has replaced many barrels for him.

Isn't the Sims recoil pad pretty simple to put on yourself?