Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

what went wrong?

Position camera where u want it, power on give it a few minutes. Walk or move where your game trail, water is. Let it take some pics. Turn off power view card and see where your camera's view truly is. Its happened to me before, this is my sure way of knowing exactly what trail and view I will be taking pictures of. Good luck!

This is great advice! Just this year I have had batteries die no pics, SD card popped out (probably after I dropped it) no pics, branch in front of the sensor 820 pics of the wind! Ugg :wacko: gas money alone could have bought me a few more cameras!

Hey Rich and Deserthntr can you guys make some room on the self disappointment bench I may need to sit down. Hallelujah my Cameras were still there but......... My honey hole where I got so much deer,lions,bears, and the common cows. I left my SD card full of pictures from June and didn't delete them so the primos cam couldn't store any. Makes me sick at myself to make a newb mistake like that. Camera sat there batteriers ready to roll. Last time I even took a hatchet with me and chopped some old brush out of the way not to get any false triggers. Makes me super mad at myself. I will never keep any pics on any SD card again just strait to my Mac then cleared off the card.

Hey Rich and Deserthntr can you guys make some room on the self disappointment bench I may need to sit down. Hallelujah my Cameras were still there but......... My honey hole where I got so much deer,lions,bears, and the common cows. I left my SD card full of pictures from June and didn't delete them so the primos cam couldn't store any. Makes me sick at myself to make a newb mistake like that. Camera sat there batteriers ready to roll. Last time I even took a hatchet with me and chopped some old brush out of the way not to get any false triggers. Makes me super mad at myself. I will never keep any pics on any SD card again just strait to my Mac then cleared off the card.

-_- rookie mistake :lol:

I like the idea that some people have of positioning the camera high if possible and angling it downward...gives great photos and better depth to the antlers. This also eliminated the possiblity of having the camera to high or low. Personally I have picked up to many of my own cameras with photos of the sky and/or ground so I always have a card reader with me and take a couple of pictures of myself and look at them before leaving the area. Just as mentioned above a test photo keeps you from being disappointed. I just make sure I clear the card before I leave to give me maximum card space. Better luck next time.

Haha i would rather it be a rookie mistake then a dead camera. Card had a gig left was an 8gb, ended up the camera killed itself. Bought two new Sds formatted those plus the old one. Still doesn't work sent in my camera today hopefully get it back soon. What cameras are you using muley.Will be buying a stealthcam and a cuddeback. It's totally lame I had my Primos in snow, rain, and it's been out 4x since April and never missed a beat.

I accidently set a timer to take a 3 shot burst every 15 sec on my honey hole spot back in March. Checked it in July 2000 pics awesome! Not, all pics the same day I set it in March. :angry:

I started putting my camera up high in a limbless tree this year and love the results. First off unless someone has a tree climber with them they aren’t getting my camera or even checking out the card. My first couple of times doing this was a pain up and down the tree to get it right. So when I got it back home I played around with a red dot flash light by taping it on top of the camera, pointing the dot where I wanted it and having it take a picture. I just adjusted the red dot to where I wanted the pictures centered and super glued it into place. Works like a champ. I need to figrue out how to reduce my file sizes so I can post other pics but this will give you an idea.

GBA

post-8760-0-59374900-1344890142.jpg