Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

I dont know what happened to him, but I will take him if I can

1). i think it was a car that injured this buck. And it must of hurt like heck breaking those bad boys off!

2). i think he has one more good year in him. Maybe he'll be a freak next year who knows.

Tough to say, I wouldn't make my decision until i saw him in person. If he comes in and he is in obvious pain, I would put him down. If he looks healthy and just looks like he took a hit from a car and can survive, maybe let him go another year. judging by his legs and face, I would say he is not in good shape and it might be the right thing to do by putting an arrow in him. It's possible that Game and Fish will issue you another tag, if they feel he was in grave condition or the meat is no good. I wouldn't rely on this, but sometimes we as hunters need to do the right thing, even though you have higher hopes on horn length.

• Like 1

Tough to say, I wouldn't make my decision until i saw him in person. If he comes in and he is in obvious pain, I would put him down. If he looks healthy and just looks like he took a hit from a car and can survive, maybe let him go another year. judging by his legs and face, I would say he is not in good shape and it might be the right thing to do by putting an arrow in him. It's possible that Game and Fish will issue you another tag, if they feel he was in grave condition or the meat is no good. I wouldn't rely on this, but sometimes we as hunters need to do the right thing, even though you have higher hopes on horn length.

+1 Good advice

Really Great advice as Bone Collector mentioned. I would definetly do this if i found myself in a similar situation.