Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

I dont know what happened to him, but I will take him if I can

I have been watching this buck for over a year now. I dont know what happened to him to cause his broken antlers, or the scar down his back; But if I get the chance, I will put an arrow in him. I will start with pictures from last year.

post-3620-0-45305200-1345154146_thumb.jpgpost-3620-0-56525100-1345154221_thumb.jpg

Pictures from Last month. You can see some of the hair loss in the first picture on his shoulders.

post-3620-0-20166800-1345154595_thumb.jpgpost-3620-0-80288000-1345154569.jpg

Now from this month. Notice the deformed face now. There is a road with in a half mile. I have not gotten an lions on cam in this spot; but that does not mean that they are not there. Any guesses as to what might have happened?

post-3620-0-46993100-1345155056_thumb.jpgpost-3620-0-77123600-1345155077_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-95807800-1345155089_thumb.jpgpost-3620-0-88153300-1345155112_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-87500400-1345155130_thumb.jpg

Oh man!! only God know what exactly happened to him. Thats to bad.....maybe got hit by a car????????????

Ernesto C

Got to be hit by a car, don't know how a mt lion could deform the face and break the antlers but if u look at the deer front right leg, a nice red open wound there

An injury to one side of the body will often show in a deformed antler on the opposite side.

No deformity going on, antlers are broken off, if u look closely it's clear that they broke off

I would give him another year to see if he can fully recover. Who know, his rack may be even cooler next year due to the damage he received.

I would give him another year to see if he can fully recover. Who know, his rack may be even cooler next year due to the damage he received.

I have kinda been thinking the same thing

Bowhuntaz do you think this is his last good year of growth and next year he will be smaller? That buck is huge either way, but it is unfortunate whatever did happen to him.

I would have to agree with you. Knowing what he was last year I would have to wait and hope for the best for next year.

Bowhuntaz do you think this is his last good year of growth and next year he will be smaller? That buck is huge either way, but it is unfortunate whatever did happen to him.

Not sure. I', guessing he is only 5 or 6 years old... There is one other in this spot I'm interested in. Not much on length but has some mass. I wont know what to do until I let my arrow fly.

I would have to agree with you. Knowing what he was last year I would have to wait and hope for the best for next year.

^^^ This. 100%.